Pete Thorn is doing an FX8 video today.

Pete Thorn

Dealmaker,
Thanks for the heads up on the Pete Thorn demo. Can't wait to check that out. He always does the best demo videos around...

I saw it yesterday on you tube and it was pretty good. He deconstructs each of the patches that he made for the exhibition tune but doesn't really detail any of the settings. There's even an acoustic guitar section in the demo track. The FX8 sounds fantastic and he seemed to really like it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

did a search on You Tube but i can't find this clip .... anyone have a link to share ?

thx,
Berre

I saw it yesterday on you tube and it was pretty good. He deconstructs each of the patches that he made for the exhibition tune but doesn't really detail any of the settings. There's even an acoustic guitar section in the demo track. The FX8 sounds fantastic and he seemed to really like it.

Pete said he pulled it down and was going to repost it. There was an audio glitch about 2/3 of the way through it that made his voice sound flanged and echoed. It was only the room mic that picks up his voice when speaking and it didn't affect the music audio at all.

Last edited:
The Two AXE FXII Pre-sets that Pete shared on the Forum - the HBE and the SL68 - are my two "go to" presets for most of my gigs........they just cut better than anything else I have been able to develop myself.....so YES I hope he shares some FX8 patches!!!!

So Pete - if you read this - PLEASE can we have some FX8 patches....and some more FXII patches if possible!!!!! :mrgreen

The Two AXE FXII Pre-sets that Pete shared on the Forum - the HBE and the SL68 - are my two "go to" presets for most of my gigs........they just cut better than anything else I have been able to develop myself.....so YES I hope he shares some FX8 patches!!!!

So Pete - if you read this - PLEASE can we have some FX8 patches....and some more FXII patches if possible!!!!! :mrgreen

Hi guys, ya bummer I had to pull the vid when I realized the audio was messed up in the middle. Final Cut Pro, like all Apple stuff these days, suffers from bugs. I miss Steve Jobs!

Vid will be up this afternoon. Hope you enjoy! I really dig the FX8- powerful, awesome tool.

Hi guys, ya bummer I had to pull the vid when I realized the audio was messed up in the middle. Final Cut Pro, like all Apple stuff these days, suffers from bugs. I miss Steve Jobs!

Vid will be up this afternoon. Hope you enjoy! I really dig the FX8- powerful, awesome tool.
Are you using El Capitan? Some people say there's many bugs still and that it "breaks" plugins.

Thanks Pete - looking forward to it!!!

You side-stepped the Pre-Set issue :D - I think we'd all love some of your Pre-Sets!!! - Cliff can you twist Pete's arm!!!!

Thanks Pete - looking forward to it!!!

You side-stepped the Pre-Set issue :D - I think we'd all love some of your Pre-Sets!!! - Cliff can you twist Pete's arm!!!!

I'd be happy to share – honestly, I don't feel like there that exceptional! They sound really good I think, but the unit just sounds good. I didn't really get that deep into editing. In the first preset you'll hear in the video, I do detail how I set up the EQ on the delay in order to boost mids a bit and roll off lows and highs. But I think you guys could make sounds easily as good as mine in the vid with a bit of tweaking. But ya, if there's a demand ill share these presets. Bottom line is the thing sounds great and you can just turn on an FX block and tweak minimally and get a cool tone quickly.

I'd be happy to share – honestly, I don't feel like there that exceptional! They sound really good I think, but the unit just sounds good. I didn't really get that deep into editing. In the first preset you'll hear in the video, I do detail how I set up the EQ on the delay in order to boost mids a bit and roll off lows and highs. But I think you guys could make sounds easily as good as mine in the vid with a bit of tweaking. But ya, if there's a demand ill share these presets. Bottom line is the thing sounds great and you can just turn on an FX block and tweak minimally and get a cool tone quickly.

Pete - yeah that would be tremendous! Can we have some of your AXE FXII presets while you are at it!?? :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom