Pete Thorn Axe FX 2 Tone Match presets, coming soon!

Thank you Pete for taking the time to create and share these presets!

By the way, I hope you plan on putting out another album. Guitar Nerd is incredible!

Hello,

Pete made these tones with a beta of FW10.
It turned out that the amps he used had not been MIMIC'd yet, so once that was done, the tone matches in his presets need to be re-done.

He's in the middle of the touring season now, so this will have to wait, but he said he will send them over.

That's the problem with artist presets. Once they are done, the Axe-Fx will go through 15 firmware updates and the presets won't be any good anymore. It will be hard to keep them valid for those of us who are not super Axe tweekers. I love artist presets and I also love Axe improvements but they are always at odds.

If the artist using the presets he shared hasn't updated from the firmware he created them with, why should you if you want to use his presets?

For me, the benefits of upgraded firmware usually outweigh the usefullness of a collection of presets. I usually move on with the firmware.

With each new version of firmware that makes a difference in tone and feel or makes things easer to dial in it can be real easy to want update. The down side of this is it can create another reluctancy for an artest like Pete to put forth the time and effort of tone matching.

I have to say that I applaud Pete for taking the time to do this and probably for nothing other then the fact of making a killer tone match of two great amps with their cabs, I can hardly wait to try them out.

There's something about this IR......that's right. Throw it into any AC30 patch and BAM , there that sparkle, clarity that I, and a few have been looking for. What is in Pete's magic IR?

Thank you Pete for sharing your patches, main tones for me now.

Yea- the presets are fantastic and the IR is maybe the best one I've come across. I'd pay good money for Pete to work up a batch of IRs. He's got the right gear, but more importantly I think he has extremely seasoned ears. Whatever it is, I've found his IR to be epic. Just wish I had one of a cele Blue, a couple of Jensens, etc. Pete- I think you could make a little coin with some IRs.

Back
Top Bottom