PERIPHERY II Opinions + Luck As Constant Solos Cover

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
So, it's been a few weeks since it came out, what do you guys think? I love the album to pieces, the first one was outstanding and I still think will remain one of the best prog albums of the last 20 yrs, but in "This time is personal" you really notice how much Periphery has grown as a band. Misha's work is incredible as always, but what it really stands out is Spencer's imo, the vocal lines and lyrics are so intense...matt's drumming is insane, and jake's electronic stuff is the shit! not to mention the addition of Mark holcomb, an incredible guitarist...and nolly, who's now officially in the band (love his production when he was in red seas fire)..the sounds of the first record were insane, but in Periphery II they're out of this world, thanks to the axe II!! I would love to hear something from you guys, I really think we should talk more about Periphery and their sounds here on the Fractal community, the work Misha and the guys have done with the Axe is unbelievable!!

*lol forgot an "A" in the title, my bad :)*

In the meantime, check out my latest cover :)

hope you like, I've learned all by ear (an interesting stressful afternoon :)

Last edited:
Pretty awesome cover! Easily one of my favourites off the new record :)

I like periphery ALOT but I dont think its an album that will be remembered for 20 years. I think both peripherys albums are like more of a snapshot of music and prog metal/rock for our generation. I think theyll be one of the more/ most notable bands to represent this current area in music when people look back on it in like 20 years. I should rephrase my first statement about it though. I mean I dont think its an album that willbe praised for 20 years. It for sure will be remebered by people like us but the next generation(s) wont be praising it that much i think.

With all that said I cant wait to see them at Heavy TO

I'm not into the minor key stuff.

Nor do I care for Spencer's growls...I'm just not into metal core....and I think the drumming is sometimes too much for certain parts, or too similar to the guitar rhythms....but Neil did the latter sometimes in golden age Rush....

But some other parts (I've abstracted them from the rest of the album) I think are bad ass.

Overall, I think the guitar tones a great. And, except within certain low passages combined with too much drums, I can hear the parts.

Mind sharing the patch?!

unfortunately that's a quick patch I made just for the video, and totally forgot to save it after it (you can see the yellow "edit" led on the axe for that reason:)...btw it was basically the PVH6160 with a od in front and two stereo cabs..a bit of eq to eliminate some unwanted frequencies and delay! hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom