Periphery - Facepalm Mute - Cover RE-DONE

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

You may remember i did a cover of this track at the end of 2012....Well, when going through my soundcloud page the other night and listening to some of my earlier uploads i came across this cover and thought "this sucks...i'll do it again...and hopefully do it better!"

So that is basically it, i've completed re-worked it and i thought i'd share it with you seen as many of you enjoyed it last time i posted here.

Anyway, enjoy and as always any feedback is appreciated...you guys are always very kind to me!

Justin

Your mix is great man. I listened to your other tracks, wow very inspiring. I would love to pick your brain about your mixing.

I think we can almost all agree that Justin has a golden set of ears. :)
Sounds great as usual J.
Keep up the killer work!

Hi all,

You may remember i did a cover of this track at the end of 2012....Well, when going through my soundcloud page the other night and listening to some of my earlier uploads i came across this cover and thought "this sucks...i'll do it again...and hopefully do it better!"

So that is basically it, i've completed re-worked it and i thought i'd share it with you seen as many of you enjoyed it last time i posted here.

Anyway, enjoy and as always any feedback is appreciated...you guys are always very kind to me!

Justin

Wow you are awesome, could you sum up your technique for getting the guitar so far forward in the mix with such clarity of drums as well, Is it mostly EQing or clever use of sidechain compression that does a lot of the work? Thanks in advance, Nathan

Wow you are awesome, could you sum up your technique for getting the guitar so far forward in the mix with such clarity of drums as well, Is it mostly EQing or clever use of sidechain compression that does a lot of the work? Thanks in advance, Nathan

Thanks very much!

Well there's no secret to it really...the guitars were dry on the way in and double tracked. They aren't compressed other than the master bus that goes over everything. It was more EQing on the drums and bass to allow them to sit together. The guitars are basically the core of the mid range and so only slight cuts were made to them to allow for the bass guitar and the snare. Obviously low and hi cuts were used on the guitars to give the kick and cymbals there own space. Of course, the mixing would be quite different if i was having to accommodate for vocals/extra layers.

P.S there is one extra bit of compression i use on the drums and bass before they hit the master bus and that is just a smooth stereo compressor across the drums and bass buss just to give them that final glue and make sure there aren't any peaks getting through.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom