Periphery - Alpha playtrough

Just got the album, will be listening in my car from tomorrow on. Great song, nice ideas generally and great sound. I listened to your cover and just forgot that it's a cover, so you have convinced me :) nice!

Would you mind to share the preset, please?

Just got the album, will be listening in my car from tomorrow on. Great song, nice ideas generally and great sound. I listened to your cover and just forgot that it's a cover, so you have convinced me :) nice!

Would you mind to share the preset, please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctojyi08vd2aju9/Alpha.syx?dl=0

I am not the best with EQ or patches in general really. I used the tonematch I found in a steve vai lead patch. If you can modify or recommend anything I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks guys.

Thanks! I'm glad to see that the amp used in this preset is Cali Legi since I've been experimenting with it lately, after all those high gain amps. That tone match produces some artifacts when I'm playing, which I don't hear in your playing at all :) Interesting choice for a drive, you don't use the the standard one, the TS808.

After watching again, I've noticed that the toggle switch on your guitar is in the middle position, is that right?

Thanks! I'm glad to see that the amp used in this preset is Cali Legi since I've been experimenting with it lately, after all those high gain amps. That tone match produces some artifacts when I'm playing, which I don't hear in your playing at all :) Interesting choice for a drive, you don't use the the standard one, the TS808.

After watching again, I've noticed that the toggle switch on your guitar is in the middle position, is that right?

It's the bridge pickup all the way through, it always looks like it's in the middle position, it only flicks a tiny bit either way.
Yea, I saw that drive in the same Vai patch and thought it sounded cool. I don't have artifacts but i haven't updated my firmware yet maybe that's got something to do with it (oops, lazy).

Edit: just looked for it and don't see the toggle switch anywhere in the video haha so I assume you're going by ear. Still bridge pickup for the entire thing, amigo.

Last edited:
It's the bridge pickup all the way through, it always looks like it's in the middle position, it only flicks a tiny bit either way.
Yea, I saw that drive in the same Vai patch and thought it sounded cool. I don't have artifacts but i haven't updated my firmware yet maybe that's got something to do with it (oops, lazy).

Edit: just looked for it and don't see the toggle switch anywhere in the video haha so I assume you're going by ear. Still bridge pickup for the entire thing, amigo.

In your 2. or 3. video (where the cat comes in front of the camera :)) I thought I've noticed the switch set to middle position, I only wasn't 100% sure. Someone mentioned here before that Tosin Abasi plays sometimes like that to get some additional punch, so I thought I'll ask you if that was the case. About the drive, now you gave me an idea to experiment with different types. I'll just try it with low cut and high cut settings similar to TS808...I wish only if I would have more time :)

In your 2. or 3. video (where the cat comes in front of the camera :)) I thought I've noticed the switch set to middle position, I only wasn't 100% sure. Someone mentioned here before that Tosin Abasi plays sometimes like that to get some additional punch, so I thought I'll ask you if that was the case. About the drive, now you gave me an idea to experiment with different types. I'll just try it with low cut and high cut settings similar to TS808...I wish only if I would have more time :)

Haha glad you liked the other videos too, thank you for watching and thanks all of you for the love. I wish I had more time too and don't forget you can get amazing organic results from putting an actual OD pedal in front of your axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom