Performance pages - block enabled state and other bugs

fuzzyoctaves

Inspired
Bug #1: The block enabled/disabled state is being overridden by scene/preset changes. Considering that other parameters are not overridden, this seems more like a bug than a wish list request.

As it is, my plan to use performance pages for virtual capo is unworkable because virtual capo needs to be off if the shift is 0 (which I see as a bug, but Cliff says the messed up latency is expected behavior:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-08-public-beta-part-deux.161390/post-1932624
"That's expected behavior. The "heads" are frozen when the shift is zero so depending upon where the heads are the latency can be noticeable.")

Bug #2: No way to delete/clear an performance page item.

Bug #3: Per Preset Performance page erroneously shows labels from Global Performance page in AxeEdit. This is really minor, but I figured I'd include it for completeness.

Last edited:
There must be a misunderstanding. It's hard to imagine how 80ms of latency could ever be considered to be expected behavior.

There must be a misunderstanding. It's hard to imagine how 80ms of latency could ever be considered to be expected behavior.
Note that it is only that high in the case of booting up to a preset with a pitch block enabled and set at 0 shift. I haven't fully tested the latency if you just switch to that preset, but Cliff's quote seems to imply that it is variable and not the standard VC latency:

"That's expected behavior. The "heads" are frozen when the shift is zero so depending upon where the heads are the latency can be noticeable."

Ok, but Cliff wasn’t replying to a specific report of 80ms (!) of latency, so I can only surmise there’s been a misunderstanding.

The performance page is just a shortcut to existing controls. It's not a separate controller, so it doesn't override anything. Parameters there will behave just like they would if not on the performance pages.

The performance page is just a shortcut to existing controls. It's not a separate controller, so it doesn't override anything. Parameters there will behave just like they would if not on the performance pages.

I get what you are saying. That being the case, it seems pointless to allow block enable/disable to be on the performance pages. Maybe the wish list request should be that Performance page settings do override Scene block enable/disable settings? Is there some problem with doing that?

At the end of the day, I think I have a very useful application for performance pages (Virtual Capo) that is currently unworkable...

You can use a control switch to change the bypass state instead and set its CS Per Scene state to Last to make it override scene changes, but I don't think there's a way to access the switch state via the perfomance pages. You'd have to use an FC button instead.

I think the Manual ABCDE controllers can be added to performance pages. You could assign one as a bypass modifier, or as both bypass & shift modifiers with the block bypassed in the 0-shift range. The "both" setup wouldn't change one semitone per notch like the actual shift parameter so you'd have to spin the wheel a bit more.

I'm pretty sure the block adds some latency at 0 shift even when working "right" so ideally you'd probably want to have it bypassed if possible when not transposing.

Note that this won't maintain state across preset changes. If you need that, you could assign an Ext. Ctrl. to shift/bypass and adjust its initial value in the Midi/Remote: External menu.

Back
Top Bottom