Wish Performance Controls to switch Channels

Tygerman

I’d really like to use the Performance Controls to switch Channels. As these changes interrupt the sound, it seems like a good fit. I’d like to be able to assign a channel control for a block to the performance screen to the slots and then use the knob to dial up the right channel. If the channel control has the nav target it would allow control of the channels other then just the scenes. I’m not trying to use it to switch clean to dirty but from Fender Twin to AC 30. The scenes are OK but force me to bundle all the channels together. I’d like to switch them independently.
I can use the shunts to hook up to 6 blocks in parallel. I’d like to be able do the same in series. Running up and back and then down and back to get more then 14 blocks in series.

You're mixing 2 different things in this post unless I'm not understanding.

Channels are scene dependent, so adding the ability to change them from the Performance Pages doesn't solve that issue.

You can run many rows of effects in series by using the Send/Return blocks to "wrap" the signal on the grid.

Adding the channel selectors to the performance would give visual reference to which channels are active if they changed by scene.
I'd like to not use scenes and change channels manually so I can get more combinations and not worry about a seam in the sound from a foot switch.
The FM9 scenes set all the channels on all the blocks which doesn't give me the flexibility I'm looking for. The only other way I found to implement a "preset" on an effect is the controllers or you get a seam in the sound as the channel is changed.
If I can set channels by hand in-between songs, the seams wont be a problem and I can use channels for "presets" on effects as well as like amp channels.
With the performance controllers I'm suggesting, I can set up channels to be "presets" on the effects and can switch them independently of each other by hand. This frees up the switches to enable and disable the effect with their "preset" channel.

Thanks for the tip on the send returns. I'll be using that right away.

Whether or not you change Channels via a scene, a switch or some other method, there will be a gap (if there is one) in all cases. The performance pages aren't some sort of magic...

I think changing Amp channels is the only thing that created the intentional audio gap. So if you can use Scenes to change channels of other blocks (and the Amp channel doesn’t change) there should be no gap.

If you are trying to use direct channel changes on the Amp block to avoid the audio gap, that won’t get rid of the audio gap.

Thanks for the replies. It not the gap in the sound so much as being able to set the channels independently from the scenes so I can use them like preset feature on each effect. You can't use the scenes to get all the combinations of block channels from just a couple of pedals. The blocks represent some really high end effects that would come with their own presets if you bought them separately.

I tried to implement an effect "preset" with the control switches. They are block and not channel based so they set the selected knob for all 4 channels. And the scenes don't reset their state. And don't have the capacity for all the effects.

Adding the channel selectors to the performance would give visual reference to which channels are active if they changed by scene.

This alone would be worth it, being able to see at a glance what channel certain blocks are currently on. I use external footswitches to change between channels on my delay block for example, and because standard footswitches do not have displays to indicate the state of parameters, being able to see this on the Perform page would be great. The other alternative currently is using the 'Zoomed' signal chain layout, but that's still too small to read when the FM3 is on the floor on stage.

Back
Top Bottom