Perfect Strangers Cover

Thank you so much! :D Really appreciate the kindness brother.

Mind if I share some.quit smoking stuff with you?

Smoking....it's simple to quit if you really think about it. Quick story that may make you think a little.

I get a call from my bud one day. He tells me he had some pain throughout his body. Like muscle pulled. He finds out he's stage 4 lung cancer and he may have a month to live.

I go see him at the hospital. He tells me "dude, I look up at my wife everyday and kids and apologize for being so selfish about quitting. I have no reset button. I will not grow old with my wife, see how my kids turn out.....I will not see my grandkids, I will not see how my business ends up that I've been busting *** at for over 20 years. It's over for me!"

After a good cry together, I left and thought about everything on my drive home. It all made sense to me. Then I thought....man, I've been smoking 34 years. I've known poison in my body longer than not.

I thought about looking my fiance in the eyes and apologizing for my selfishness or sitting in a bed fighting to breathe due to my own stupidity.

I thought long and hard about it and then tried to hold my breath just to see how many seconds I could do. About a minute without coughing.....I should be able to do better. I said a prayer to Jesus asking Him to never let me smoke again, and I never smoked again. I'm no religious fanatic. I pray and know where I came from....I'll leave it at that.

I get a call that my friend died 3 days later. He was 46, the same age as me. Think about it. Who dies of lung cancer at 46? Old people 60 plus die of that, right? Wrong! They die earlier too and those that last longer do damage that happens later down the road.

Kick it now man. Don't wait for something to give you a sign before you quit. By then there may be no turning back. Lastly, here are things to think about besides what I've shared.

Would you pay a man that knocked on your door $10 to take a month off of your life every day? I know you wouldn't....but you actually are. And you're actually driving to him to do it! Scary ain't it? You're part of our population control.

Next, any time you want a cig, type in "the effects of smoking" on YouTube. If that doesn't make you stop, I don't know what will. And remember...if God forbid you check out of here, the ones you leave behind suffer. It's just a bad situation....not to mention an expensive and horrible way to die.

I've saved about $14,600 since I quit smoking. You can do it....just say it's over and buy some carrots to smoke for a while. :) I hope some of this makes you think St the least. Good luck and thanks again for the kindness.

Powerful story, man! I've never smoked in my life but I still found that quite moving. So sorry about your friend.

Back
Top Bottom