Perfect Spillover delay

Hi Folks

Maybe I was just stupid, but I was having quite some trouble getting the spillover properly working using my FCB 1010 (UnO). I finally learned the trick and wanted to save guys like me some time:
If you want to control the on/off status of the delay via MIDI-CC Messages and still want to have spil over, the easiest way is to leave the MIX/Bypass Parameter allways on and to assign your external controller (MIDI-CC-message on/off) to switch the INPUT-Gain parameter from 0 to 100% (0 meaning the delay is turned off, 100% means delay is on).

The advantage is:
e.g. you are using a lead-preset with loads of delay and a tight rhythm-preset without a delay (the delay in this patch is bypassed, and you want to have the possibility to turn the delay via MIDI-CC!). If you want the lead-delay to spill over into your rhythm preset, it will be cut, because the delay of the rhythm-preset is bypassed by default.
To work around this, I used two delay-blocks in each patch, one with INPUT-Gain turned off (spillover only), the other one turned to 100%.
This is way too complicated, sometimes it didn't work.
But by using the INPUT-Gain as a quasi on/off, you can do it all with only one delay block.

cheers from Vienna!

Back
Top Bottom