Wish Per-SCENE Performance Page

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Inspired by a TGP thread, I thought this would be a useful addition for folks that like to tweak stuff on the fly for effect. For instance, if they're on their clean preset, then they can add 10 parameters comprised of compressor settings, some amp parameters, and chorus- then when they go to their overdrive scene, now they have access to drive parameters, delay mix/level, additional amp settings, gate settings, etc.

The Global Performance Page is great, as is the Per-Preset Performance Page for people who don't typically tweak in real time yet would like to have access to parameters "just in case," but adding a Per-Scene Performance Page would solve two problems: it would allow people that 'play their pedals' to really tweak parameters specific to the pedals engaged in that particular scene and it would also mean that people wouldn't have to make any sacrifices if the Per-Preset Performance Page wasn't quite enough.

One way I could see using this would be to have, in each Per-Scene Performance Page, the bottom row dedicated to amp G, B, M, T, & V; but then have the upper row dedicated to effects directly used in that scene (chorus, compressor, delay, etc.).

Obviously, one would have to make SOME sacrifices if they were on the FM3 or just had a ton of effects on at a given time, but this would definitely open up some more performance possibilities and be more "pedalboard-like."

As a desktop editor (meaning, someone who edits my FM3 while the unit sits on my desktop), this would be super handy and I wouldn't need to navigate to the block for editing regularly used parameters on the fly as I switch between scenes.

I could also see this feature being integrated with other features down the road.

I like the idea. To me performance pages as is are too limited with the number of controls on offer and instead of just increasing the number, letting you map them per scene would give a lot of flexibility.

For example I could see that for my solo sound I want to adjust delay settings but for my rhythm sound might want to tweak amp controls or adjust reverb mix. Maybe for scenes with special fx you want control over those instead.

I like the idea. To me performance pages as is are too limited with the number of controls on offer and instead of just increasing the number, letting you map them per scene would give a lot of flexibility.

For example I could see that for my solo sound I want to adjust delay settings but for my rhythm sound might want to tweak amp controls or adjust reverb mix. Maybe for scenes with special fx you want control over those instead.
Yea, if you just increase the number then you'd have to page around to get what you wanted. But if they're set up per scene then you can have exactly what you want at any given time.

And ideally, you could also set up a preset with the same controls across all scenes if you wanted - like you could have a toggle for "per-scene controls" vs "per-preset controls"

And ideally, you could also set up a preset with the same controls across all scenes if you wanted - like you could have a toggle for "per-scene controls" vs "per-preset controls"
Hmm. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, as this is how the Per-Preset Performance Page already works. What am I missing?

Hmm. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, as this is how the Per-Preset Performance Page already works. What am I missing?
I'm just wanting to have the option to keep it the way it is (as you said) along with having the ability to set up each scene w/ different controls. I may be overthinking it ;-)

I'm just wanting to have the option to keep it the way it is (as you said) along with having the ability to set up each scene w/ different controls. I may be overthinking it ;-)
Haha no, man; not at all; that's literally exactly what this wish is. I don't want Global or Per-Preset Performance Pages to be removed, just add a third one that's Per-Scene :)

Back
Top Bottom