Per preset overides with the FC6?

So I would like to set up my per preset override on my FM3+FC6 so that when I'm on Scene 6/last switch on FC6 I can tap it again to go to scene 7. I've set up the PP#1 to do it, but I can't seem to get it to the right footswitch, I can set it to work on the switches on the FM3, but not the FC6. I know there's gotta be a way to do it.

If it changes anything, I'm using the OMG9 layout.

1) Which footswitch on which layout are you trying to override?

2) Which footswitch on which layout do you have the override set to?

1) Which footswitch on which layout are you trying to override?

2) Which footswitch on which layout do you have the override set to?
I'm on the OMG9 layout, trying to make footswitch 6 on the FC6 toggle between scene 6 and 7.

I tried setting it to footswitch 9, then 6, then 12, trying to figure out which one correlates to #6 on the FC-6, but none of them would populate correctly. Do I have to be on a different layout than the OMG9?

OMG9 is a set of layouts, not a single layout. On which layout are you trying to override footswitch image.jpgimage.jpg6?
Sorry, I’m a newbie and still trying to figure it all out. On the Per Preset override page under layout 8 (OMG9) I’m selecting #6 and putting it as PP1 which I’ve set up to toggle between scene 6 and 7.

What's worked amazingly well for me is to stay on the per-preset layout and customize every preset exactly how I see fit.
I was thinking of doing that but couldn't quite figure out how to customize the FC6 layout to match what I want, I guess that's part of the problem is I'm able to do PP overrides on the FM3 switches, but not the FC6's.

It doesn't sound like you need per preset at all.

Just set switch #6 in layout 2 as follows:

1651756582697.png

1651756610962.png

I was thinking of doing that but couldn't quite figure out how to customize the FC6 layout to match what I want, I guess that's part of the problem is I'm able to do PP overrides on the FM3 switches, but not the FC6's.
You should be able to; each layout is essentially an FC12, and the FM3 is just (by default) FCs 1-3 (or view 1) of each layout unless otherwise specified, so each switch should be identical in capabilities.

Sorry, I’m a newbie and still trying to figure it all out. On the Per Preset override page under layout 8 (OMG9) I’m selecting #6 and putting it as PP1 which I’ve set up to toggle between scene 6 and 7.
Ah, I see what’s going on now. Your working with Footswitch 6 on the OMG9 Layout 8. When you’re using the OMG9 system, the FC6 never goes to Layout 8. Only the FM3 uses that layout. So your override never shows up on your FC-6.

If you’re okay with the scene toggle being present in every preset, then follow @Admin M@’s advice above, and don’t use an override at all.

Thanks guys, I think I got it figured out (with your help). I even figured out how to make it so when I hit a preset on the preset view it loads that presets scenes!

Thanks guys, I think I got it figured out (with your help). I even figured out how to make it so when I hit a preset on the preset view it loads that presets scenes!
OMG9 is one of the more complicated layouts to work with, because it’s taking advantage of some deeper magic in the hardware.

The trick is to remember that you can control the FM3’s switches separately from the FC6’s switches. In OMG9, the Tap and Hold entries in layout 8 are used to control the front of the FM3 and they just switch the views into that layout. Layout Links for each switch in that same layout are used to control the FC6. Mostly. So each switch press does two things, it switches the FM3 and then, as a subsequent step, switches the FC6 if necessary.

It took me a while to wrap my head around the FC Editor, and a while longer to figure out what OMG9 was doing, but now I have a couple versions of OMG9-based layouts for my FM3 and FM9 that I really like. The flexibility of the FC system is really impressive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom