Not a Bug Per-Preset FC Preset Increment Range Doesn't Work Right

Airgolas

I have a Per Preset FC switches set up for two different sets of presets, where I can tap a footswitch to scroll through a range of 8 presets. Each Per Preset FC is set up to scroll through a different range of presets. For example, one is programmed to scroll presets 384 thru 392 and the other scrolls 400 thru 408. The presets with the 384 to 392 range work as intended. The second set of presets with the range 400 thru 408 always default to the 384 range when i press the programmed footswitch.

Can you show a screenshot of the switch details so we can try to midi exactly what you’re doing? Or export the system settings using Fractal-Bot receive tab.

Can you show a screenshot of the switch details so we can try to midi exactly what you’re doing? Or export the system settings using Fractal-Bot receive tab.
@Airgolas, the best thing would be to upload a dump of your system settings and your presets 384-392 and 400-408 (or just 384-408).

Here's preset
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.01.03 AM.png
Here's the Per-Preset FC programming

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.00.28 AM.png
Notice I only want to scroll 400 to 407. Here's a video of what happens:

Basically, the first press and hold takes you to 401 as intended. The second press and hold takes you to 384. 384 is the beginning of another block of presets that I grouped with a similar per-preset FC, but with a different range. I'll work on the dump of my settings now. Thanks!

I just noticed on the other one, starting at 384, doesn't recognize the upper range. it just keeps going. How do I do a preset dump?

How do I do a preset dump?
In FM3-Edit go to Tools, Manage Presets. Select the presets you want to export (hold shift to select a range). Right click and select Export. They will export as individual files that can then be added to a zip file.

This one looks better. FYI, most of presets in this range are literally blank. I am still building.

Attachments

• PresetDump.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
Maybe just don’t make that function a per preset assignment. Set the permanent hold function of that switch to the preset change. You can separately set the tap function of the same switch to per preset at the same time though.

Knowing that the empty presets were the issue fixed it. Thanks! I can still leave myself some head room and group the presets like I wanted. I'll just have to resize the grouping here and there, but it's no big deal at all.

Back
Top Bottom