Per Preset Export/Import or Copy/Paste

Lance Holland

Inspired
Why isn't there a way to export/import or copy/paste for the entire set of Per Presets? This kinda seems like a glaring omission.

Background -I use a modified OMG layout for my foot switches. The 10 footswtiches of my effect layouts (4 and 5) are mapped to corresponding Per Presets. When I'm trying out a new preset, I set the Per Presets to work with that preset. But, it's tedious to have to go to an existing preset and copy an individual Per Preset, switch to the new preset, paste, back, forth, back, forth, etc. Being able to grab them all at once, paste them into a new preset and then adjust as needed would be a lot easier.

Why isn't there a way to export/import or copy/paste for the entire set of Per Presets? This kinda seems like a glaring omission.

Background -I use a modified OMG layout for my foot switches. The 10 footswtiches of my effect layouts (4 and 5) are mapped to corresponding Per Presets. When I'm trying out a new preset, I set the Per Presets to work with that preset. But, it's tedious to have to go to an existing preset and copy an individual Per Preset, switch to the new preset, paste, back, forth, back, forth, etc. Being able to grab them all at once, paste them into a new preset and then adjust as needed would be a lot easier.
I've wished for that too, but there are other approaches in the meantime

Instead you can build customized effects layouts with your usual stuff, then override individual switches as needed.

Another option is just to copy an existing preset with the setup you want, and copy in or change the amp and cab blocks you want for the new setup. There's a lot fewer of those than switches!

Would either of those strategies work for you?

It's kind of 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Building my customized layout is essentially what I've done by making all of the effects Per Preset. The biggest frustration is wanting to try out some preset that's very different than my current rig. For example, trying a Gift of Tone preset where each artist has created something unique. It ends up being a bit of work to see if there's something in that preset that's interesting. (I know....poor lad)

I'm sure this is way at the end of Cliff's backlog in terms of priorities. (as we're all anxiously waiting for the new firmware!)

It's kind of 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Building my customized layout is essentially what I've done by making all of the effects Per Preset. The biggest frustration is wanting to try out some preset that's very different than my current rig. For example, trying a Gift of Tone preset where each artist has created something unique. It ends up being a bit of work to see if there's something in that preset that's interesting. (I know....poor lad)

I'm sure this is way at the end of Cliff's backlog in terms of priorities. (as we're all anxiously waiting for the new firmware!)
Copying your custom switches into someone else's preset only works if it had mostly the same blocks as yours, used in mostly the same ways. Could happen, but...

Right...which is why the Per Preset approach is the best approach.
I don't understand.

All I'm suggesting is that the layouts you're using for per preset switches can have switches already assigned that target specific blocks you often use. You can still override individual switches just for this preset, like you do now, but if the "default" assignment in the layout applies, you won't have to do that.

Am I missing something?

No, you're not missing something Dave. That would work. I used to do it that way actually. It's ok....but wouldn't be as flexible as being able to copy groups of switches as needed. But, I do get your point.

And I get yours, copying and pasting would be a useful feature, if all the blocks and switch positions line up.

In the meantime...

Back
Top Bottom