Per-Preset Definitions

You mean multiple blocks? No. You can copy individual blocks and individual channels.

Typically we copy a preset to another slot then start editing the new one.

Yes I was asking about multiple
I will do them individually.
And add to wish list.
Thanks
It's on the wish list multiple times.

While it seems easy on the surface, here's where it gets hard: What happens if someone selects a block that can have multiple instances, like a DELAY block, along with several other blocks, copies them all, then pastes them into another preset that already has a DELAY block? Should the editor immediately replace the existing DELAY block? Should it create a new instance of the block?

What happens if it was a single-instance block and it gets pasted into another preset with an existing block, along with the DELAY block collision? Multiple dialog boxes warning of the problem? Blindly overwriting them?

What happens if the first preset had two DELAY blocks and then they were pasted into a block with one existing one... or two existing ones?

In programming, the mantra is that we avoid data loss unless the user has explicitly agreed it's OK. The situations above are the problems Fractal has to program around and we have to think about when we ask for a solution to what we see as a problem. When asking for a fix it really helps to present the situations that could occur and your suggestions for how to fix the problem showing it wasn't a frivolous request but you've tried to think of it from their side too.

Last edited:
No, no, I was asking about the Definitions Blocks in the per-preset FC section.
I wanted to copy multiple Overrides to another preset. If I have 5 presets using same FM# physical button configuration.
Without having to program each preset's Definitions separately.
Sorry for the confusion

Back
Top Bottom