Pedalboard labels - mid priced with a twist

Narzugon

Power User
I'm still tweaking my pedalboard (pics when it's completely finished - ever?). Tweaking functionality as well as aesthetics. I've followed the threads on the commercial products (awesome) as well as the label ideas on the cheap (awesome ideas to be had). I'm still nailing down the functional aspect of my MFC so I didn't want to buy a commercial set right now. So I grabbed a template that was posted here, threw my own art on it and went to a local "Fast Signs".

When I showed the guy what I had and what it was for he simply asks "Do you want Dry Erase capability on the magnets?". What an awesome idea! Perfect for a board with growing pains. The guy offered to cut the labels out as well but didn't have anything to cut the holes. So with the lables cut out, laminated and dry erased $24 after tax for 21 labels. And the dry erase works awesome.

Note: Not to take anything away from the commercial products. It's a pain in the ass cutting those holes (I did it with a dremal), ragged edges and the quality of the print was far from photo realistic. But for my current needs, prefect. And since the holes are the only thing I had to cut, it's really hard to see my crappy work. Maybe the commercial guys could offer the dry erase option in the future. Great idea in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom