Pedalboad for FM3 and EV2?

matze787

Hi there!

I just purchased a EV2 in addition to my beloved FM3. I intend to bring both on a pedalboard - I always had Pedaltrain boards but with their planning tool (https://pedalboardplanner.com/) I see that there is no board that fits te two without being much bigger.

Do you have suggestions for the combination which shouldn't be that uncommon...?

Thank you very much!

Hi Paul,

thanks for the hint, I see a lot of good options over there. Is there a chance to fix the FM3 by velcros or is is necessary to look for pedalboards where it can we screwed!?

The templeboards are pretty expensive, right? There's not even a bag or case included...:oops:

If you can find one, the legacy PT-JR will fit both the FM# and pedal. Plus with the legacy JR's height being 2.5 inches, it will fit in the case.
FM3 Board.jpg

I used 3M Dual Lock to secure mine. No issues yet.

Another option would be the NuX Bumblebee.
If you want to see and/or configure different options, go checkout PedalPlayground.com

I hope this helps.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the hint, I see a lot of good options over there. Is there a chance to fix the FM3 by velcros or is is necessary to look for pedalboards where it can we screwed!?

The templeboards are pretty expensive, right? There's not even a bag or case included...:oops:
A lot of us use the Temple Audio boards because we don’t want to use Velcro, that stuff gets goo everywhere. Instead, the spacing of the openings in the board fit the mounting holes for the bumpers on the FM3 or FM9, and the mentioned screws are correct for the threads, holding the modeler extremely well, while still being easy to remove if we want to.

I also like how their modules make it possible to route the cables to the sides, instead of the back. Here’s how my FM9 looks…

Post in thread 'Fc12 with Fm9?'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc12-with-fm9.190365/post-2363277

The FM3 and a pedal would have plenty of space on the same board, and it’ll fit a FM3+FC6 about the same as the FM9.

They have bags and cases available but I have yet to find one from the manufacturer that was made as well as I want, so I have mine made by Studioslips.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

as far as i know you can use 3m dual lock on other boards, it should work

i just find the screws/temple audio board has been the best and easiest to do, rock solid connection to the board, i posted a video on my channel on the case/board i use (duo 24)

try and buy a temple board used, the temple audio carry bag isn't that great, you can then look at maybe a cheaper pelican style case (maybe DAP daily audio case might work

or another carry case like from Mono or Gator

I use a duo 17 for my FM3 with space for either an expression, or a few footswitches on the side. I need to look into the screws mentioned above. I instead used some thing slats of wood (actually a yardstick cut into sections) and velcro inbetween layers.

I use the Mono Club 2 for carrying it without issues. Small enough that I can take it as a carryon when I'm traveling and check my clothes instead (I'd rather have my gear than clothes if something goes sideways with airtravel).

Temple Duo 17 for sure seems to be the best option. Unfortunately at least here in Germany it isn't available before April 2024 :confused:

Servus Matze,

I'd recommend the Temple Audio Duo 17 for that purpose , fits the two nicely without being much bigger

big advantage is that you can screw the FM3 directly onto the temple board with m3.5x16mm screws and m4 washers , super easy

for pedalboard planning check out pedalplayground, a lot more options =)

https://pedalplayground.com/

View attachment 131248

Yep, I would recommend this as well as its what I have as well. I have my FM3 mounted along side a Dunlop DVP4 on a TA Duo 17 too.

Attachments

• MyFM3_1.jpg
    MyFM3_1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 23
I'm with you - but the Duo 17 is sold out everywhere in Germany for several month...o_O

Try here mate:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-a...O5q6NVgt9qB9DK2MLS4T6rqEtAT6hM5RoCzGEQAvD_BwE

They look to be in stock at Gear4Music who are technically based in Germany (not that I knew that until recently) which they state can get delivered to you for the 27th December which is not long away, a nice late Christmas present ;)

I got mine from DV247 a while ago but they are sold out.

Oh, year - you're right! Thanks for the clarification. Let's see what my order does...the shop where I ordered changed their shop in the meantime to "sold out". Hope I got the last one...🙏🏻

Oh, year - you're right! Thanks for the clarification. Let's see what my order does...the shop where I ordered changed their shop in the meantime to "sold out". Hope I got the last one...🙏🏻

Hope you got the last one mate, its a good solution for the FM3, perfect size.

Back to the screws. As far as I know people who mounted the FM3 with screws used 3,5x16 screws.

I was in a big hardware store today with a lot (!) of different screws but there are just 3mm OR 4mm. Is this due to a american dimension? :rolleyes:

Back to the screws. As far as I know people who mounted the FM3 with screws used 3,5x16 screws.

I was in a big hardware store today with a lot (!) of different screws but there are just 3mm OR 4mm. Is this due to a american dimension? :rolleyes:
i know the feeling , i had to order online

I see you're in europe as well (bin von Luxemburg ;)

i ordered mine from amazon:

i'd prefer a phillips screw, but this is fine

Amazon product ASIN B0BLNK4B4N
and big m4 washers (but smaller ones are fine)

Amazon product ASIN B09NY9S5ZS

So, the Temple Board Duo 17 arrived and with the above mentioned screws everything worked out fine. Thanks again!

Just one final short question: I thought that the bigger whole are for getting cables through.The TRS cable (from Fractal to attach the EV2 to the FM3) is a tiny little little bit to big for it :rolleyes: Did you exchange the cable? Seems that it's just 1mm...hmmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom