Pedal switch, I'm very clumsy! Help!

Nawual

I have connected a pedal switch to input 2. In global settings, I / O, PEDAL EXT2-I have selected latching.
I have an EQ block set with 3 db for solos.
But I can't get on and off with the pedal.
I have read many posts and I think I have to change a midi command but I am very clumsy. Please help!

I have connected a pedal switch to input 2. In global settings, I / O, PEDAL EXT2-I have selected latching.
I have an EQ block set with 3 db for solos.
But I can't get on and off with the pedal.
I have read many posts and I think I have to change a midi command but I am very clumsy. Please help!
what is Input 2? do you mean PEDAL 2? or do you mean actually "Input 2"?

Input 2 is for instruments, not pedals, if that's where it's plugged in.

Stand-In switches are not available on the AX8 - it's for the Axe3 and FM3.

if you plug in a Pedal to the Pedal Jacks, it won't know you want to turn the EQ block on and off without telling it that. there are many blocks or other commands it could do.

you need to go to Setup > I/O > CTRL and go to the EQ block, choose the correct EQ block number (GEQ 1 or GEQ 2 or PEQ 1, etc) and change it from a number to Pedal 2.

you could also set an External Controller as Pedal 2 instead, then add a modifier to the BYPASS control in the EQ block, and set Source to that External Controller. but the first thing i described is easier.

Thank you very much Chris, I already see some light.
I have effectively put the switch on PEDAL 2 input.
I think Chris understands that the first way I can activate and deactivate the block I define.
With the second way, I can use the pedal for other blocks and with more parameters, right?

Thank you very much Chris, I already see some light.
I have effectively put the switch on PEDAL 2 input.
I think Chris understands that the first way I can activate and deactivate the block I define.
With the second way, I can use the pedal for other blocks and with more parameters, right?
Yes. More flexible rather assigning directly to EQ only.

For example, increase the drive by one distortion block? Chris, can you explain the second way to me in more detail? It is difficult for me because English is not my language and I have to be translating.
Thanks again

For example, increase the drive by one distortion block? Chris, can you explain the second way to me in more detail? It is difficult for me because English is not my language and I have to be translating.
Thanks again
I’ll try to make a video later tonight. Pretty busy but I’ll see if I can.

Back
Top Bottom