Pedal Steel Guitar users?

Is any one here using the Axe III for pedal steel guitar? I am getting close to purchasing one for use with pedal steel, guitar and electric mandolin/fiddle and would appreciate and input anyone has about these applications.

Yes, I use it for pedal steel as well as guitar and keyboards. I only use it for two of the three at any time, though. I use separate inputs and outputs for each instrument, and typically toggle between my steel patch and my guitar patch. I also have a different patch that allows me to use acoustic and electric guitars on the same patch. I have separate signal paths on the grid for each instrument, and plenty of CPU to spare.

Having said all of that, I'm still planning to buy the FM3 to slim down my pedal steel rig. The Axe-FX III and FC6 are very cumbersome for pedal steel alone. For the gigs where I play multiple instruments, the big rig is handy.

I have several lap steels, and a B Bender tele .

Axe works great for them, lots of cool stuff you can do with compressors, auto swell, assign any taper you want to a volume pedal etc. lots of nice clean sounding amps and some really fun ones with playing through a Marshall or similar

I would love to hear some clips of a pedal steel through the axe fx 3. I completely agree with brad, the sound would be fantastic!

Thanks for the replies. I've done extensive recording with steel amps, tube guitar amps and I'm satisfied with my gear but I enjoy trying out and learning about new equipment as much as playing. I've got a PC based DAW with Yamaha HS-50M's and Yamaha sub and use a Zoom R24 and Yamaha HS-80's in my music room to grab tracks. I've read this forum for a while and the Axe III manual cover to cover. This will be this winter's project as work and other hobbies are usually curtailed during that time up here in the frozen tundra of Corry, PA!

Now I know who to reach out to to track pedal steel for me 😂😂. Don’t hesitate to ask any further questions. As you probably already know, the community here is extremely helpful!

I have the III and the XL and a Mullen Discovery. I have not used my III yet for the pedal steel but I have used my XL and it is pure heaven. I would never categorize myself as a player but more so a noodler but I have a buddy that is a great player. We did a Neil Young cover here that you can hear the XL and pedal steel in action. Literally turned on the Axe and hit record. Rest assured the III is as good or better.

Back
Top Bottom