Pedal Recommendation

razor7

Hey guys I have a Keeley TS9DX Flexi 4X2 that I would like to try to emulate in the axefx II. Does anyone have any suggestions on which drive models to start with. I started working with the T808 but I'm not having much luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah the TS808 Mod, also give the Micro Boost and the FAS Boost a try. Personally I prefer either one of those, they seem to add less color to the amp & add a nice smooth easily controlled gain.

If you get the gain characteristics matched up well you can tone match the pedal to get the frequency response just so. I matched my own Rat to the AFX2's Rat for example.

If you get the gain characteristics matched up well you can tone match the pedal to get the frequency response just so. I matched my own Rat to the AFX2's Rat for example.

Zenaxe,

Any suggestions on what is the best way to get a tone match of the pedal. I've player around with tone matching a little bit but not with pedals.

Also thank you everyone else for your suggestions. They are greatly appreciated and I will give them a try.

The method I used was pretty simple; from memory:
  1. Setup preset with drive block->TM block->downstream blocks (amp/cab/etc)
  2. Bypass drive block, connect pedal (guitar->pedal->axefx input)
  3. Dial pedal to taste
  4. Bypass pedal, dial drive block to approximate pedal as close as possible especially noting gain/dist level.
  5. Set TM input as block input
  6. Get a sample of the drive block (local)
  7. Bypass drive block. Engage pedal.
  8. Get a sample of the real pedal (ref)
  9. Hit match

Did you have a chance to try that? How was the result?

I got a little bit of time not much. I would have like to had more time but you know children :rolleyes:

I mostly stuck with the ts-808, the ts-808 mod, the fas micro boost, and the fas boost. I went though the whole tone matching process but i'm still trying to nail down the gain feel. Overall when I did the tone match as suggested by zenaxe, the micro boost had a very similar curve to the keeley pedal, but the matched result had a lot of bass to it.

I'm going to keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom