Pedal board finally finished - custom external switches witb LEDs

What circuit did you use to get the 'radio button' style on the leds? I was looking at using the 74c373 with a set of momentary switches.

Love the way you have a 'power on' process too.

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!

-It is powered by a 9v battery, it has an on/off switch to conserve battery power.

-These switches are momentary and non-latching.

-The circuit is of my own design with a chip that I programmed.

I made the start up to let you know everything was working. Thanks!

Excellent job!
When you are going to a new preset, does the LED light according to the preset blocks programmed or it stays as it was on the last sequence ?
If you want to OFF a block that you programed to one of the switches, do you have to double click it the first time ?
Again, looks amazing! :encouragement:

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!

-It is powered by a 9v battery, it has an on/off switch to conserve battery power.

-These switches are momentary and non-latching.

-The circuit is of my own design with a chip that I programmed.

I made the start up to let you know everything was working. Thanks!

That's super cool! I'm not setup to do any EPROM work - what you have is way more professional looking than what I was planning.

Finally got my pedal board finished. Two mission EP- 1, one spring load for wah and one SP-1. I also finished my external switches I use for scenes with LEDs to indicate which scene is active. I'm planning on making a few of these for people locally, if anyone is interested in one PM me.
Slick.

How do you have the LEDs reset to the scene 1 switch when you do a patch change? Are you running the MIDI out from the MFC in to your switch box?

I've been mulling over how to do this using a MIDI circuit that just looks for PC changes. On PC change it'd automatically reset the the state of the 4 switches in the box to the startup state. So PC changes on the MFC would have the external controller land back on scene 1. I hit a point with the design where I started to think the whole thing would just be better implemented as a pure-MIDI send box. Not latching switches that were reset by the detection of a PC command. I don't know if MIDI sent to the MFC's MIDI in is mirrored on the CAT-5 line though.

To further explain the functionality of the box

-I primarily designed this to be used to control scenes so only 1 LED is active at a time.
-There is no MIDI functionality with this but I am investigating a way for LED one to be lit by default on a preset change.
-So far its not possible for me to pull MIDI data unless I could maybe splice into the Ethernet cable coming from the AXE.
-I am also working on a version that would be used with effects where a switch press would turn the light on then a second press would turn it off.
-Switches are non-latching, the circuit controls the LED after the initial switch press.