Pedal board advice

drgary

While I am waiting for my MFC-101 I am planning the board it will be part of. I intend to have two Mission expression pedals (I already have an SP-1 and an EP-1) and I will likely also incorporate four switches to maximize flexibility. It would be nice to have room for another outboard effect or two but that is not essential. The question I have is whether the Pedaltrain 3 at 24" wide is large enough or should I go for the Pro at 32". The latter seems awfully wide but the former may not be wide enough. Don't get me wrong, I am not losing sleep over this decision, it is a large part of the fun of cobbling together a usable and modifiable system.

Any advice, pointers or admonitions will be welcomed.

I'm planning to use a Pedal Train, but I'm looking forward to the answers here. Thanks for posting.

I'm using the PedalTrain Pro with the MFC-101 and 3 Mission Expression pedals and it works great!

rig.png

Last edited:
Thanks, that actually looks pretty good with three pedals. The "3" wouldn't cut it at all. While I only have two expression pedals (now) I could use the extra room for other pedals or switches or something. Anyone else have any recommendations?

While I am recovering from my v10 hangover I am anxious to fire up my soldering iron and make some cables. Does anyone else have any tips or advice before I get started? In this case, with regard to pedal boards, size does matter.

I'm using the PedalTrain Pro with the MFC-101 and 3 Mission Expression pedals and it works great!

rig.png

Sorry for kidnaping, just a quick question:
How do you like the 4x12 Mesa / Matrix combo ?
I'm thinking to get the same for my AxeII, actually thinking to get 2 cabs (4x12).
Do you run the cab stereo ?
Thanks.

Sorry for kidnaping, just a quick question:
How do you like the 4x12 Mesa / Matrix combo ?
I'm thinking to get the same for my AxeII, actually thinking to get 2 cabs (4x12).
Do you run the cab stereo ?
Thanks.

I absolutely love it! Was originally running a Mark V with the AxeFX for effects only with the cab. After so many reviews that I had read on the Matrix, I decided to give it a try and am thrilled that I did. I still love the Mark V but it's been placed in semi-retirement.
I have an older Marshall 4x12 that I leave at our rehearsal space and can certainly tell a difference between both cabs. To my ears, the Mesa just sounds better. I'm running in mono for my set up.

Is the Pedal Train 1 at 22 inches wide enough for the MFC and one Mission Expression pedal?

I actually think that will be too tight. The MFC-101 is about 16" wide and the mission pedal is about 4" without connectors so that may be a squeeze. Having said that, thanks to messaboogieman for the measuring tape imgage. That helps a lot.

The Pedaltrain Pro seems popular in this forum but seems a little too deep For an MFC. What about the NYC pedalboards? I've used neither, but need to jump to one or the other for my MFC and 3 expression pedals. (I may just end up building one from lexon or plywood, and stuffing it in a keyboard bag!) Opinions?

I have a Mission pedal and an Akai expression pedal squeezed on either side of my MFC, all mounted on a PT2. I used to use a PT-Pro with another Mission pedal and some external switches. I just got sick of schlepping the Pro. It's just too big to be practical for me and I had only one preset that used the second Mission. The PT2 is much easier to move around and I can carry the second Mission in the pouch if I really want to bring it.

I'll be doing a pedalboard soon as well, with just the MFC and a couple of expression pedals. I've narrowed it down to either a NYC Pedalhead Plus or a Trailer Trash Pro 30".

My problem was no matter what I looked at nothing had the right dimensions for my shit. This is my old pedal board and case.

So between home depot, Fabric Land and Canadian Tire I got all the parts and built my own, including a case for around $100.00 and about 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon. I have since painted the case "Piano Black" and it has been weekend gigging for 3 years with no maintenance as of yet.

once I get the MFC-101, and expression pedals, I am going to build a new one, but until then this baby has served me well. 8)

Check out the Diago Showman, it´s got room for the MFC + 2 missions + Roadrunner´s EXT module which gives you 4 extra switches:

img123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom