Pedal 2 affecting volume, and yet unassigned?

musicforte

Hello all!

I want to use two pedals with my FM3. One of them is for volume (Pedal 1). That works just fine, by adjusting the Volume knob in the VolPan block. Pedal 2 needs to control the delay and reverb Time parameter. The pedals are identical models and both are set to Expression in the I/O setup, and calibrated. For some reason, even though Pedal 2 is not assigned to any parameters, it is acting like a volume pedal...but only Pedal 1 is assigned to the VolPan block? I'm so confused...

If I recall... Pedal 2 is assigned to global volume by default.

Edit... mr_fender beat me...

You can set modifiers to be active for either 1 channel or all channels of a given block. If you set the modifier active to just 1 channel and select that channel in the desired scene, and use a different channel in other scenes, you can do it that way.

Or just use another instance of that effect, if you have enough processing power available.

Hello all!

Pedal 2 needs to control the delay and reverb Time parameter.
Be aware that changing delay time in the middle of a song can result in pitch artifacts that you may or may not find desirable. You might want to take @Moke's suggestion and use a second delay block.

Back
Top Bottom