Pedal 1 input dead on back of Axe ?!

TonyGring

Inspired
Hopefully I'm doing something wrong. Appreciate any help. I bought a Boss FS-6 Dual footswitch to utilize the Vol increment / decrement feature in the control page to level out my patches. I wanted to use the Pedal 1 & 2 1/4'' jacks on the Axe as all my IA's are being used on my GCP. I've tried both outputs ( mono 1/4'') on the FS-6 to eliminate the possibility of a bad switch on the Boss. Both work fine as long as either is assigned to Pedal 2 in the control page and plugged into 1/4'' Pedal 2 jack on back of Axe. I tried assigning vol incr. and then vol. decr. and each worked fine. I can't understand why I'm getting no response from the FS-6 into the Pedal 1 input. Am I supposed to be pushing the ENTER button in the control page when Pedal 1 is chosen for the vol. inc/ dec. control? Pedal 2 responds to whatever is chosen ( incr. OR decr. ) Could I have a hardware problem in the Axe? I'm bummed. This should've been easy. It's my first real problem with the Axe. There is a 1/4'' TRS out on the back of the Boss. Should I be using that with one cable out of FS-6 into pedal 1 & 2 on the Axe? I'm stuck....

Man, I can't believe I'm so lame. The Pedal Type for Pedal 1 in the Pedal page of control section was set to Continuous and thereby won't respond to a momentary type of pedal like the FS-6. I caught this while pouring throught the manual. So simple. :roll: Well, hope this helps someone down the line.

Back
Top Bottom