PEAVEY IPR1600 OR ROCKTRON VELOCITY 300

kevrock

Experienced
powering a marshall 1960a cab in 8ohm stereo. Ilike the weigt of the peavey but read some bad reviews of ts sound.

Well, if you plan to use a guitar cab, definitely the Rocktron. I run the Velocity 300 into a 2x12 loaded with V30 & G12H30 with the Axe, and it's money.

I purchased the Velocity 300 a couple weeks back and have been favorably impressed with its sound and quality. I'm running it in bridged mode into two V30s.

What about the qsc 850 its the same price and more power I just wonder if 150 a channel is enough for a metal band practice

send from Droid

I would think 150 watts for a 4x12 is going to be pretty low. I would be hesitant even with 300, especially for a metal situation

I use my ARTsla2 and i keep the voulumes at 1-0clock and the output at 11-oclock is crazey loud so i think 150 should be fine.

I recently got the rocktron unit and absolutely love it right now. The reactance and definition knobs work great to get that "amp in the room" sound.

Hey guys,

I am about to receive my Ultra tomorrow (beyond excited!) and I purchased a Rocktron Velocity 300 to power amp it to my Mesa Boogie 212 cab. My question is, my cab is only rated for 8ohm 130 watts...if I run my Rocktron bridged at 300 watts do I risk blowing my speakers somehow?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm useing it that way and everything is ok. My cab has 160 watts. I think you will hear when it is going to blow.

Cheers,
PhillAnselmo

I had a V300 with my POD HD500. I liked the amp alot. It did end up over heating and frying. It is a design flaw and Rock tron said it was about 2 in 10 that had the problem...Thats 20% and was too much for me so I didn't get another one. The problem is the way the wire for the fan has to go over the Heat sink to plug into the small fan circut board. there is an easy fix. It is a cool amp but I think I would go with the ART SLA2. the other problem I found with the Rocktron was it vents out the top so you have to leave a space above the unit (Not really a one space unit because of that). It is a great sounding amp though.

I am using a Carvin TS-100 and it screams. It is 5lbs heavier than the V300 but sounds a little better to me.

I had a V300 with my POD HD500. I liked the amp alot. It did end up over heating and frying. It is a design flaw and Rock tron said it was about 2 in 10 that had the problem...Thats 20% and was too much for me so I didn't get another one. The problem is the way the wire for the fan has to go over the Heat sink to plug into the small fan circut board. there is an easy fix. It is a cool amp but I think I would go with the ART SLA2. the other problem I found with the Rocktron was it vents out the top so you have to leave a space above the unit (Not really a one space unit because of that). It is a great sounding amp though.

I am using a Carvin TS-100 and it screams. It is 5lbs heavier than the V300 but sounds a little better to me.
if you can afford it I'd go with the Carvin TS-100. I wish i had one instead of my ARTsla2. it just has a little more balls and low end.

PhillAnselmo said:
I'm useing it that way and everything is ok. My cab has 160 watts. I think you will hear when it is going to blow.

Cheers,
PhillAnselmo

Thanks for the response. That is a relief.

Back
Top Bottom