Peavey 412MS UR IR's

shnaggs

Inspired
Peavey 412MS UR IR's : UPDATED

Got this cab yesterday for cheap, so I figured I would take some IR's. This cab is the older 80's ish front loaded cab with metal grill and sheffields. I bought it knowing that the construction of these cabs were pretty decent. I was going to change out the speakers for some others. I actually kinda like the way the cab sounds...not too bad. I thought it would be to bright for my liking...but I might throw in some k100 or maybe some swampthang's to see how it balances with the sheffields.

IR's were taken with a sm57, and a sterling audio st77, through a focusrite pro40. Power amp is my Fryette 2/50/2 w/ depth at noon, and press. at 9 o' clock.
watch the st77 ir...it has alot of bottom end.

View attachment 412MS-sm57.syx View attachment 412MS-ST77.syx
View attachment 412MS FARFIELD 1 st77.syx View attachment 412MS FARFIELD 2 st77.syx View attachment 412MS FARFIELD 3 st77.syx

**Updated with some more IR's, these are some far field??? IDK I just shot the cab from about 2 feet away...not sure if this is technically far field.
And the original IR's still have no name to them, sorry about that

Last edited:
These don't appear to be working. I loaded them up in AxeEdit via the Cab Manager, but nothing loads into the user slot.

That's what I was afraid of. When I captured them, axe edit would not let me name the user slot after I saved them. Double check that there isn't a cab there, even though there is no name.

Well, it's named EMPTY but appears as a correct UR cab. %It seems to be ok, just have to be renamed. If needed, i can handle that ;)

Well, it's named EMPTY but appears as a correct UR cab. %It seems to be ok, just have to be renamed. If needed, i can handle that ;)

AlGrenadine, let me know if you can rename them. Like i was saying, my axe was acting weird when I was capturing the IR's. It would not let me change the names. I even exported the cabs (obviously) and tried renaming them on my pc and then loading them back in and they still showed up as EMPTY???????

With this cab, the PVH 6160 Block amp finally sounds like it's supposed to. Thank you shnaggs, tonight we drink to your health. Right after we spend the next few hours jamming.8)

Sorry shnaggs, I couldnt rename the cabs in AxeEdit neither... CabLab could do the trick but it actually doesnt support UltraRes IRs... We'll have to wait for a new CabLab.

Sorry shnaggs, I couldnt rename the cabs in AxeEdit neither... CabLab could do the trick but it actually doesnt support UltraRes IRs... We'll have to wait for a new CabLab.

Yeah must be my axe being strange or there is a bug in the new firmware. Either way thanks for trying AlGrenadine, hope these IR's do your previous 412MS justice. If you or anyone else whant different mic positions captured and what not, let me know.
thanks!

shnagg, i'm sorry but the new CabLab can't use UltraRes IRs for mixing, and so i can't rename your IRs with it.
Do you still have the .ir files ? or maybe .wav files ?

shnagg, i'm sorry but the new CabLab can't use UltraRes IRs for mixing, and so i can't rename your IRs with it.
Do you still have the .ir files ? or maybe .wav files ?

Alright AlGrenadine, I took 3 more IR's for you a bit further away...hope this is what you meant??? hope you like! Once cablab is updated I will re-shoot all these through Studio One and make some wav. files. Then I will swap the Sheffields for the K100's I have laying around...

Alright AlGrenadine, I took 3 more IR's for you a bit further away...hope this is what you meant??? hope you like! Once cablab is updated I will re-shoot all these through Studio One and make some wav. files. Then I will swap the Sheffields for the K100's I have laying around...
Thanks dude ! :)

Back
Top Bottom