PEAK FCB8N With Ultra

SimonD

Hi Has anyone used the FCB8N Peak controller from Peak2005.com with an Axe-Fx? I am currently using one with a Digitech 2120 (waiting for an Ultra). it is a great pedal with Bank U/D, 4 Prog Chng & 8 C/C (IA) or 12 P/C footswitches and Phantom power.

I'm using one FCB4N previously as the FCB8N is not available and that time. It's great for the price (Of cos shipping to Asia is much cheaper) and it's really a very simple and easy controller. I was looking at Ground control pro, LFJ/LFP, CAE midi controller. Everything was out of my budget at that time. So the FCB4N was the perfect choice. Looks great and function well enough for me. Unfortunately, it can't be use for the Axe Fx tuner. Haven't tried the IA switches and stuff also. Well it's sold to my other guitarist who is using a standard. I'm getting a LFP from another guy. =D

I read a post somewhere by a guy in the UK that the aluminum was very thin, that it felt like it was not well made. What's your experience with build quality and materials?

I started this thread a while back inquiring about the Peak -

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/floor-controllers-midi-cc-questions/33695-peak-fcb8n.html

Someone gave a preliminary review and his only complaint was not being able to calibrate the exp pedal, but if you have an expression pedal with calibration built in I think it should be fine.

I've been using the Peak for a few months now and can give my own impressions -
Pros: lightweight, feels solid enough for gigging, easy for a midi beginner like myself to use, phantom power support so you don't need separate wallwort to power it, reasonable price
Iffies: button spacing is not ideal (my clumsy ass has missed the buttons a few times), only 1 exp pedal jack
Cons: cheap display only displays 4 characters

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom