PC Reset problems

shep

Inspired
I am having a very hard time getting my levels ( and controlling their adjustments via controller) set from preset to preset. Using a FCB1010. I use the 1st expression to control verb and delay (Exp 1 using modifier external 1 controller 16), 2nd expression to control gain and level on amp (Exp 2 using modifier external 2 controller 17). Both work well. I can get the preset to work just how i want. When levels are set, I want them to default to the preset level, not where the pedasl are currently sitting, so PC Reset is going to be used.

I have 2 issues. 1) - I set the level where I want it, turn on the modifier to control the desired parameter. That always lowers the level considerably - why? I have use the offset to compensate.

2) After getting the level right, I turn on PC Reset. Save preset. Change to another preset i've done this same process to - levels ()both gain/vol/and dly/vrb) are different than I saved them as. Switch back to preset 2 and it has the same problem as the 1st.

I must be making mistakes somewhere in the process. Can anyone walk me through it? I have wasted sooo much time (many hours) trying to get this to work. Thanks much - Shep

1. The parameter will jump to whatever the modifier puts it at. If your pedal's at minimum it's normal that the default modifier settings will drop the parameter to its minimum.

2. How are you adjusting level before saving? You need to use the front panel (or Axe-Edit but it's a hassle there with a modifier assigned) to set the value it will store. That can be done before or after assigning the modifier; after will only give a visual indication (numerical value changing, knob briefly showing savable position) while you hear the modifier-set value.

Thanks very much for a clear explanation, Bakerman. I think I get it. The brief show of value when a mod is assigned is the 'true value'.

Back
Top Bottom