PC Daw dead RIP -Worst timing for this

WORST case scenario has Happened. I have NO DAW-period. I had a new RM1000x in a box so I installed that. nope. i installed a new graphics card. The normal original c drive is in original location on motherboard. now it will not even post-i mean i don't even get the usb keyboard and mouse. no beeps no nothing . dead motherboard????????????lights are all on on mb. all fans spin up.
I was ready to create my cd for family and friends while I still could. bummer.

Last edited:
And you have cleared the CMOS again (via jumper or pulling the battery from the MB, unplug your PC as well)? Edit: to be clear, I meant AFTER changing the GPU.

Disconnect all drives (ssd, hdd, DVD, USB, network, whatever) and remove all but one stick of RAM (consult the manual for which slot is preferred for a single stick), remove all expansion cards, unplug all peripherals except for your kb/mouse (not via hub, connect them directly). See if you can get it to POST, if not, cycle through RAM sticks. If/when you get it to POST, add stuff back in ONE BY ONE.

Check the manual for what the lights mean exactly.

Also, could you elaborate on "can't boot from DVD/USB". What exactly happens/doesn't happen/how did you try (check the manual)?
Did you properly connect the GPU to the PSU (if needed, don't know what GPU)?

For how long have you had this PC and has it worked flawlessly or at least reasonably well up until now? Did you change anything else other than PSU/GPU?

Last edited:
And you have cleared the CMOS again (via jumper or pulling the battery from the MB, unplug your PC as well)? Edit: to be clear, I meant AFTER changing the GPU.

Disconnect all drives (ssd, hdd, DVD, USB, network, whatever) and remove all but one stick of RAM (consult the manual for which slot is preferred for a single stick), remove all expansion cards, unplug all peripherals except for your kb/mouse (not via hub, connect them directly). See if you can get it to POST, if not, cycle through RAM sticks. If/when you get it to POST, add stuff back in ONE BY ONE.

Check the manual for what the lights mean exactly.

Also, could you elaborate on "can't boot from DVD/USB". What exactly happens/doesn't happen/how did you try (check the manual)?
Did you properly connect the GPU to the PSU (if needed, don't know what GPU)?

For how long have you had this PC and has it worked flawlessly or at least reasonably well up until now? Did you change anything else other than PSU/GPU?
Hey
Just saw your post, cool screen name btw :) Just finished, finally. My only choice, which I know really is best , was to reinstall windows clean. what a hassle with the hardware changes and a zillion messages for app I have that hardware is wrong, blah, blah, blah
BUT, pc is running smooth and fast.
It was the motherboard all this time. But, hw was 4 years old so new GPU, PSU, and Asus Z790-A motherboard are working fine.
Thank you for chiming in. Much appreciated.
Now I have to re-install a bunch of VSTS, my DAW software, etc, etc, etc..............
It's OK though beause re installing FM9 edit,FM3 edit are easy and that's what matters most!

I've successfully used Samsung's utility to clone Win 10 64 HD's and SSD's with no problems, should work fine.

I've successfully used Samsung's utility to clone Win 10 64 HD's and SSD's with no problems, should work fine.
I did try 3 different programs. Samsung being one of them didn't know it was the motherboard at the time so I figured-fresh install.............

Back
Top Bottom