Paul McCartney on Who Broke Up the Beatles

The Beatles were amazing and left an incomparable catalog. Their personal chemistry became intolerable. They all contributed to the breakdown.

That said, if you are a fan then I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Beatle Gear. It is a great read. A fab book.

Great book. Another deep dive is the coffee table book Recording the Beatles. Lots of info on the not only the gear, but also things like the mixing consoles, effects etc. It also details how many songs were tracked.

Great book. Another deep dive is the coffee table book Recording the Beatles. Lots of info on the not only the gear, but also things like the mixing consoles, effects etc. It also details how many songs were tracked.
Agreed! Also got a book about the songwriting. I think it’s called Here, There, Everywhere or something like that. Been a while since I read it.

true dat...got the book....and didn’t realize until i read it i’ve got a pair of 1964 altec 605’s, which emi qualified...not altec 604s...that the beatles mixed most of their albums on. i really should build a couple of i think 612 cabs they stuck them in....anyway cool book!

Agreed! Also got a book about the songwriting. I think it’s called Here, There, Everywhere or something like that. Been a while since I read it.

Do you mean the Geoff Emerick book of that title? Or is there another book with that title?

Geoff Emerick.

I loved that book and read it a bunch of times. Some of his details are off. The giant Recording the Beatles book, whose authors had access to the original tapes, reveals some of Emerick’s mistakes. For instance, he claimed that George had to play his guitar solo for Something right onto the master tape. The other book literally shows this didn’t happen. But overall I love the behind the scenes perspective Emerick has.

Back
Top Bottom