Path to UltraRes

jdolll

Inspired
Could anyone clarify the paths to getting my IR's to an ultraRes format? I've purchased many of the OwnHammer IR packs, and have all the wav formats of those IRs. It doesn't appear at this point that CabLab or any other IR mixing utility has the capability to do this? I'm not really wanting to shell out $100 for mixes of the same IR's I already bought from OH, which don't appear to have an UltraRes format available yet. Any clarity would be helpful here.

Well I do know that Cablab will be able to do it and Cliff said that he expects the update to be out "soon" :) I believe that he said next week.

As far as using another utility I'm not sure since he mentioned that there are commercial licensing options for Cablab for producing UltraRes IR's for developer purposes.

Cablab will be updated to convert Wav files to ultra res soon. Kevin will update Wav files. Cablab can do this in batches so that it's not much work.

You can also buy direct pre-converted from FAS

Producer Pack #3 is clearly listed as being available in the UltraRes format, as of now. For those who haven't purchased them yet (like me) it's a no-brainer.

If you have purchased the earlier release, just wait for the CabLab update, and batch convert them yourself. Or you can do as others have, show FAS and OH some love, and purchase the UltraRes release. Given the upgrades and freebies we continue to receive, it's still an amazing bargain. Just the fact we’re facing this new functionality is manna from heaven.

Producer Pack #3 is clearly listed as being available in the UltraRes format, as of now. For those who haven't purchased them yet (like me) it's a no-brainer.

If you have purchased the earlier release, just wait for the CabLab update, and batch convert them yourself. Or you can do as others have, show FAS and OH some love, and purchase the UltraRes release. Given the upgrades and freebies we continue to receive, it's still an amazing bargain. Just the fact we’re facing this new functionality is manna from heaven.

I'm going to buy the $99 pack to show my appreciation for all the great work. I am hoping though we"ll be able to purchase the Bass cabinets in Ultra res IR"s as well in the near future as they will benefit from the process also. The new bass amps are fantastic IMO!!

I agree it's great functionality... in my other thread I clearly ask if this going to be an update that is available (and it was indicated that Kevin from OH was on record as saying it would be a FREE update to all current owners...) obviously that must have changed. I'm annoyed at buying the previous packs, being told everyone who purchased them would get an update, and then having that reversed. I'm all for new functionality... but when I buy something on the premise that I'm going to get the required update for it... (and I wouldn't have bought the ownhammer IR's at the time had I known this would be the case... I would have just waited and bought the producer pack now) I become annoyed... as most people do. It is a valid and common reaction.. most people don't like buying things twice. It seems as though I'll be buying the converter since I own the IR's already...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom