Patches and clipping and low volume

nidhogg

Hi guys.

I've noticed that some patches. Especially those I have downloaded from axechange clips the output.

problem 1: This maybe a dumb question, but what's the best way to avoid the clipping? Usually I reduce the volume in the cabinet. What do you guys do when in situations the axe-fx II output clips. Is there any "better" way to do it?

problem 2: When I record into my daw my guitar-volume is very low compared to the other instruments/vst plugins I use. As a result of this problem most of my recording have very low volume. I have the same volume-problem on my axe-fx if I compare it to my general playback output of audiofiles/youtube etc. etc. in my workstation

Can someone please help me? Any suggestions will be appropriated.

Best regards.

Nidhogg.

Go into your I/O setting and lower your output volume until it stops clipping or just clips once in a while . It is very easy to do with ax edit. I hade the same problem. Clipping all the time and a little crackle no matter how much I turned down my volume knob on my guitar. Here is how I did it. Go to the preset that is clipping. Plug your ax II into your computer. Start ax edit. The preset you are using should show up on ax edit. Go to the output level setting. It should be to the right towards the bottom. It will say output volume, turn it down and play your guitar and see is it still clipping. If it is, turn it down some more until it clips every once in a while or not at all. Then hit save. Make sure your ax edit is set to saving it to the ax II. Unplug the ax afx from your computer and you should be good to go. I hope this helps if you have not solved the problem yet. The ax edit makes programming the ax II simple.

Back
Top Bottom