Patch Request - Gimme Shelter

How close is this?

View attachment AC-30_TopBoostReverb.syx

Vibrato bypass is external 1

If the vibrato seems kinda bleh, make sure that the LFO settings made it thru the transfer.

They should look like:

vibrato-lfos.jpg

Last edited:
The AC-30 sounds freakin' great, but I can't get the trem to kick on. How do I hook it up? I don't have a lot of expertise in using external controllers, but I have a controller that I usually set to wah. Thanks again.

Download this "Keef's Tweeds" patch I posted on my thread.
Turn both DRV blocks to "Bypass", then at the end of both chains,
turn on the TREM/PAN blocks. This will give you a huge, atmospheric
trem sound like he got on "Gimme Shelter".

Attachments

• Keef's Tweeds v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Thanks! If its anything like your other patches, I'm sure it sickly good. Has anyone else noticed that Gain Level is inversely proportional to Age?

The AC-30 sounds freakin' great, but I can't get the trem to kick on. How do I hook it up? I don't have a lot of expertise in using external controllers, but I have a controller that I usually set to wah. Thanks again.

You have to access the filter & vibrato blocks and remove the controller from the bypass.

Block > Right click "bypass mode", this brings up the parameter modifier screen. Change source controller to "None".

This will turn it on. You need to do this for both the filter and the pan/trem blocks.

The trem is lifted from one of Smilefan's earlier efforts and tweaked to my tastes, so they should be similar in nature.

I have the filter and vibrato controlled by tempo rather than absolute speed, so to increase/decrease
the speed change the master tempo rather than the speed in the individual blocks.

Last edited:
For some reason, I cannot un-bypass the filter and trem block, either through Axe-Edit or the unit itself. Any suggestions??

Try right click on the block and see if "bypass" is still checked after cancelling the external controller...

Also, there's a cranked version of the amp in the "Y" tab if you didn't find it.

Claudel: If you have time, please post the revised preset, I'm unable to get the Filter and Trem un-bypassed even after removing the controllers. Thanks again.

Now this is really weird, the patch in Axe-Edit say the filter and trem blocks are active, but on the Axe (after refreshed) still has them bypassed. I'm still on 3.04 so maybe that has something to do with it. I appreciate the effort though. At least the AC-30 portions sounds great. I'll probably just copy the settings and try reinputting manually.

I read that Keef used a Triumph SS amp with trem for one track and then overdubbed one with reverb. Both your patch and Smilefan's capture those aspects of the track. I've always liked but never loved the Stones but this track (IMHO) is still the "coolest" song ever written.

I'm up to 4.01 so there might be something in there that's not happy.

I've been having a few weird happenings with the latest (.258 ) editor and changing things only
to have them change back at random with not enough evidence to be able to reproduce the problem at will.

If you type in the settings, don't forget the LFOs...

Just wanted to say "thanks" for the patches. Both sound different, but really good. Both capture the two main guitar tones (the famous tremolo on one side and the blended reverbed on the other. What is even crazier, at least according to what I've read is that KEEF wrote the guitar parts, recorded them on a crappy portable recorder, using a fake ES-335 with Bigsby that fell apart and soon as the song was over, wrote the lyrics, played the bass and lead lines. Watts played a portable kit. Love stories like that.

Back
Top Bottom