Patch for nylon string guitar

torkolort

Inspired
I have a pretty cheap classical guitar with nylon strings and crappy pickups. It doesn't sound any good straight in, so maybe an amp and cab sim and some effects and EQ will help, but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have a patch made for nylon strings that I could take a look at? Thanks.

There have been threads about creating acoustic patches before so I would start by searching for those.

Off the top of my head you don't need much. Just a null filter to boost the level sufficiently, maybe the Tube Preamp amp sim to give a little warmth and tone shaping. Some folks use a little compression too. After that play around with chorus, delay and reverb to taste.

Yeah I remember some of those threads several years ago, but any patches made then won't be compatible with the new hardware / firmware. But I guess I can get some tips in those threads anyway. Thanks for your input, I'll mess around with the Tube Preamp and some comp. I might be better off just recording with a real mic, but I'll give it a try with the Axe-Fx first.

You mentioned you have "crappy pickups" and to that end I'd recommend looking for some acoustic IRs to augment your pickups tone.

Back
Top Bottom