Patch disappears when Axe unplugged

PosterBoy

Inspired
I know people have lost all their patches when the battery is dislodged but I just seem to lose certain ones, could it be the same problem or a more serious memory issue?

not enough information-
can you describe the issue in more detail? is it when working on a preset? in a specific bank? editing an existing or building a new preset? common variable within those lost?
Just need more detail.

It's when I've had the unit turned off and unplugged. So far I've noticed patch 002 becomes blank and 004 reverts back to a corrupt version of itself where the reverb block changes to a 2nd cab block.

I'll investigate the battery solution as logic says if it is only when unplugged it must be in that area.

Battery is in place.

Also found one of the frequency sliders in my Global out2 is all the way at maximum after the unit has been plugged back in.

This seems to have happened after I tried a different power supply for my Midi foot controller and had memory corruption in both the Axe and Controller.

If the Battery was dead I would assume all patches would disappear.

The unit has been reset and firmware re-applied.

I would contact support: support@fractlaudio.com if restoring the firmware doesn't solve the issue... the occurrence seems too random.
Heat can cause random data corruption. Any chance you axefx is sitting on a power amp? Is the fan running?

Jochen @ G66 sorted it out.

I had to clear and test the memory in the sercret Utility page and then send the firmware and presets down again.

Wooo Hoooo

Back
Top Bottom