"passthrough" mode for per-preset FC overrides

mik987

Tl;dr When I do a per-preset override, I'd like the ability to override the switch's tap function but not the hold function.

The way I set up the hold functions on my FC6 is to make them always do the same thing on every layout. Each hold func either switches layout or does a utility function (tuner or "show hold funcs").

When I do a per-preset override, I usually want to override the tap function but not the hold function. E.g. I want to change the tap function from default (say bypass phaser) to an override (bypass flanger), but I want the hold func to do what I always want it to do (let's say switch to Layout 2). Currently, I have to manually re-assign this to "switch to Layout 2" in the per-preset config.

It would be really nice if in addition to "Unassigned" there was also a switch mode called "Passthrough" that would make the per-preset override fallback to whatever the default is. This would make it easy to override the tap function while leaving the hold function as default.

Thanks for considering!

Last edited:
The way I set up the hold functions on my FC6 is to make them always do the same thing on every layout. Each hold func either switches layout or does a utility function (tuner or "show hold funcs").

When I do a per-preset override, I usually want to override the tap function but not the hold function. E.g. I want to change the tap function from default (say bypass phaser) to an override (bypass flanger), but I want the hold func to do what I always want it to do (let's say switch to Layout 2). Currently, I have to manually re-assign this to "switch to Layout 2" in the per-preset config.

It would be really nice if in addition to "Unassigned" there was also a switch mode called "Passthrough" that would make the per-preset override fallback to whatever the default is. This would make it easy to override the tap function while leaving the hold function as default.

Thanks for considering!
+1
This would be an interesting capability that would add quite a bit of flexibility.

The regular per-preset switch in the FC Layout page can currently grab separate PPO tap and hold functions, but then you are stuck with the same PPO items getting pulled in every preset, whether you need them or not, or, if not set up in a particular preset, a blank switch that does nothing.

This would let you override just the tap or hold on a per preset basis without losing that switch assignment for every preset....

Back
Top Bottom