Part III: Smilefan Patch Thread

The "Mr. 335" preset didn't seem to contain that many blocks to make the CPU struggle on it, but it did here.
Presuming corruption, I remade the preset from scratch. I hope it's correct and I have not yet tested it...

View attachment 9316
I now tested it and it does the same thing, so it's just much more CPU hungry than you would think...
The solution is to make the cabs lo-res.
-
I also came across some smilefan work that's not in the big bundle (and there's more):
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...toria-regal-patches-out-there.html#post601728
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ounds-heres-mine-wheres-yours.html#post596036
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...incoming-incoming-incoming-17.html#post594802

Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up. I talked to Smilefan last week, and he told
me he was still going to slip in some patch updates, and possibly new patches, into his
Threads, on the downlow.

Well, so far, I find where he's done it twice. There is a brand new patch, "Touch Sensitive Tweed"
on his Neil Young writeup. Plus a new version of his last patch, the "Malcolm Young ACDC" (which
sounds freakin' awesome now!). Attached below.

Smilefan lives! Miss you around here, dude. Thanks for not forgetting about us completely!

Attachments

• Malcolm Young AC DC v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Touch Sensitive Tweed.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 139
Robben Ford Dumble Patch

Hi all:

Smilefan and I worked by email on a patch last month, he took a Robben Ford patch I had posted on another thread in this forum and tweaked it. He asked me to share it with you awhile back right before he left, but because I work a lot and the phone rang and emails came in and I had to work 8 to 6 and...well you get the picture...but here it is.

It was not done on the latest firmware however, so it may need your own few tweaks, I think this was 5.01. Please please please check out the X and Y settings on the amp (clean/dirty) and drive blocks and delays, they all do nice things.

(Wish I could figure out how to post nice photos of gear like Smilefan did, all my attempts turn into thumbnails/too small! Need me a good forum user class!)

Enjoy the patch!

Attachments

• Robben_Ford_Dumble_v3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 159
Thanks a lot both of you! (and metalpriest) Been looking out to record my second ever II clip with that one. "I'll be back..." (if it matches with my gear). Robben's amp on the Ford/Landau tour:

(Wish I could figure out how to post nice photos of gear like Smilefan did, all my attempts turn into thumbnails/too small! Need me a good forum user class!)
When you insert a picture you have the option to upload the picture or to just provide a link to the image. If you provide a link, and uncheck the box that says to copy the image, it will show up full size in the post.

Well, so far, I find where he's done it twice...
There are also two new Robben Ford patches and an updated Stereo Dajavibe to fix the cpu usage problem.

I found those in the process of updating the PDF of smilefan's posts (see sig for link).

When you insert a picture you have the option to upload the picture or to just provide a link to the image. If you provide a link, and uncheck the box that says to copy the image, it will show up full size in the post.

Thanks, when I was doing this it was not clear to me, it was just letting me upload files. Will check it out next round!

Last edited:
I found another of Smilefan's updates on Pt. II of his Thread. This is an amazing patch
I think a lot of people missed. The original was so complex that Axe Edit glitched when you
tried to download. He fixed it. Downloads fine now.

This one is worth listening to, as he turned the Axe II into a drum machine and programmed
a specific Latin rhythm with it, over which you get to play a Santana-voice Lead (the upper AMP),
or Rhythm (the lower AMP).

Truly amazing! Lots of good patch-makers on this board, but this is a prime example of what made
Smilefan special, IMHO. I don't see anyone else making original patches at this level
(except maybe Don Peterson). Fractal would have done well to include him when they
re-did their stock patches for 5.0 release.

His new company got the right guy. Wish that didn't mean we had to lose him.
Come back and say "hi" sometime, Smiley!

Attachments

• Santana Latin Rhythm v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
From what i understand there is a lot of money being thrown at this modeling thing by the big boys... The world is changing ... and fast...

From what i understand there is a lot of money being thrown at this modeling thing by the big boys... The world is changing ... and fast...

From what smilefan told me, I gather the next step in modelling is being conceived and executed, as we speak.

Enjoying the OD100 "sneaky" R. Ford Clean! ;)

Yes, he put up a Robben Ford clean and dirty patch (I guess his version of what he and Austinbuddy worked on),
and a corrected version of his (Larry Carlton) Mr. 335-Steelely Dan patch, that doesn't glitch now from overused CPU.
I really like his take on the early Larry Carlton sound.

Attachments

• Robben Ford ODS clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Robben Ford ODS dirty.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Mr.335-Steely Dan v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Well, they kinda "have to" or Cliff will take over amps & processors. If he then puts out a few Fractal Guitars, shops can close... ;)
Wondering if their money will find the kind of brainpower they'll need or if they will just do feature creep...
We know it will have great presets though...! ;)
-

Yeah, I feel the Carlton preset seems to have good stuff in it when I tune it better to my guitar. It's the first one I'll explore when attacking the new free Mr 335 BT from jamtrackcentral one of these weeks/months :) Thanks again!

Not to be a curmudgeon, but wouldn't this stuff fit better in the Smilefan Says "Goodbye"!! thread? There is so much great content in the three patches threads it would be nice not to get too far OT. Any mods agree enough to help?

One of my favorite amp models is the euroblue with plexi tonestock and changed bright cap to 470..
Its my idea of the Bogner 100b I have never played,

This really works. You can get the Bogner Ecstasy 101b Plexi sound this way, one my favs ever. Thanks so much for pointing this out!

This really works. You can get the Bogner Ecstasy 101b Plexi sound this way, one my favs ever. Thanks so much for pointing this out!

Wow, this is interesting! It's one of my all-time favorite tones too. Gonna try today. *big smile*

Back
Top Bottom