Pardon me, compatability question

fromthebark

Experienced
anyone know if the Behringer F600 Volume/Expression pedal works with the axe fx?

extra stuff because my morning adderall just kicked in: If you know the answer to above question, then you need not read on, in fact nobody really does.
At this point i'm just amusing myself.
I know my fcb1010 does.. and the fact it comes with 2 expression pedals is just an amazing thing, which is why I havent changed it yet. But It's still clunky, too long.. and I could definitely use at least 2 more pedals to turn blocks on/off x/y amps etc/anything. So I'm in the market, after the holidays, hoping I score some loot from the relatives, I def. put it out there that sweetwater giftcards were the ones to get me.. :grinning: Looking at Expression pedals. YES I know mission is the pedal of choice, I even had one once, but it didn't work with my Nova System at the time, so I sold it. but Times are tough right now man. I mean TOUGH. if the behringer works, i'm going for it until I can upgrade.

Even if I could somehow mod a crybaby to work as an expression pedal, someone give me the link cause I got one collecting dust. Think I have an old Morley Wah/Distortion too that I think just needs a LOT of contact cleaner. I wish I knew electronics a bit more. Building simple things is easy and I usually need just simple things. like an a/b box. I should download some lessons.

Totally unrelated:
Anyone know anything about copyright law? Working on a project to be launched in about a year, after me and my buddy write about 1000 more songs in every genre we can think of. :blush:

amazing. so according to that, all I need is a 1k resistor and a new 1/4" input. but the behringer question still remains, cause I'll be needing 2 pedals still. <3

there is no reason to think the berhinger would not work. It is there copy of the Boss/Roland FV500.

Just so you know Mission is NOT the pedal of choice. They make good pedals and used to be #1 but the EV1 is prob the #1 around here these days as ir should be because it is amazing

Cool!.. I know my Roland EV-5 does NOT work as an expression pedal for some reason. It worked with my floor pod doohickey, but i had to switch the wires because up was down and down was up... but i switched them back.. all solder is good as far as I can see.. still doesnt wanna do anything when I plug it into the exp. pedal input. weird. I thought I heard of people using that pedal? eh who knows. Still can def. afford the behringer. ;)

Cool!.. I know my Roland EV-5 does NOT work as an expression pedal for some reason. It worked with my floor pod doohickey, but i had to switch the wires because up was down and down was up... but i switched them back.. all solder is good as far as I can see.. still doesnt wanna do anything when I plug it into the exp. pedal input. weird. I thought I heard of people using that pedal? eh who knows. Still can def. afford the behringer. ;)
It ev5 does work. There are a few Fractal artists that use them

Even if I could somehow mod a crybaby to work as an expression pedal, someone give me the link cause I got one collecting dust. Think I have an old Morley Wah/Distortion too that I think just needs a LOT of contact cleaner.

The Strymon link above is good for modding the Crybaby to an expression pedal, but there's no easy way to do that with the Morley. They don't use a pot and gears for control, they use a flexible curtain, a light source and an LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) to sense the position of the pedal, the movement of which sets the position of the curtain and thereby how much light hits the LDR. That in turn needs some electronics to condition the signal to some useful shape, etc., etc. Long story short, it is what it is and that's all that it is. Although, for as big and heavy as those pedals are, it could probably also be used as a murder weapon <grin>

Back
Top Bottom