Paramore - Still Into You (Cover)

j_m_s

Inspired

*from video description*
*Watch in HD*

I really enjoy Paramore's older stuff and I must admit the newer ones from Brand New Eyes and the Self Titled CD didn't really catch on to me as well but eventually this song did, love the catchy yet simple riff that's been stuck in my head for awhile now!

Definitely not a perfect cover because it was rushed in all one take, wanted to record a solo for the bridge part but decided against it in the end for the sake of time.

Using my Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop which I picked up recently, all stock. Definitely gonna be doing some mods on it soon though!

On the Axe Fx II I'm running the JVM OD1, which is modeled after the Marshall JVM410 Using two octave modules, one for the lows and another for the highs. BUT I forgot to turn on the one for the highs and well, that's why you can hear the missing elements on my tracking.

Color corrected the footage in Final Cut Pro X.

Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop
Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Audio Interface: Steinberg CI1
Camera/Audio: Nikon D7000 w Nikkor 35mm F1.8
DAW: Logic Pro

Paramore | Paramore ft. 'Now' and 'Still Into You' Available Now | Official site w/ band info, audio, video, photo & tour dates.

*Original song belongs to Paramore & WMG/their record label

Definitely not perfect but let me know what you think!

guitar sat well in the mix. Looks like it was fun to play and just shows it doesn't take steve vai type licks to create a fun, catchy song. For my taste, nice to see something that's not real heavy.

Thanks! Yep, its a pretty simple riff but mega catchy! The other songs are starting to grow on me, finally settling in to the new sound!

Super cover - super catchy Thanks now I've got that chorus stuck in my head w/ visions of pretty girls dancing about , fun fun fun .

@ The goat lord, it is for some strange reason.. when tracking and mixing in logic everything is fine both on my Adam A7x monitors and my ATH M50s.. even playing back the video on quicktime on my imac is fine.. but after uploading to youtube it becomes panned to the left.. strange

I've watched this video on youtube dude...you are great...Love yer videos man...keep em coming! cheers! I also have a channel for the past cpuple of years now...doing quite well with it... check out "jason hobbs"...great stuff man, love that Gibby as well! :)

If you're using final cut, make sure your project is set to stereo and not surround. ive had the same issue before

axecellent - yep I've seem your videos before!

@ Sean Ashe, BINGO! just checked my project settings and i left it at surround.. dang! should've seen this before i just finished up another video that i uploaded earlier today! thanks loads!

Sad to say this since I really wanted to like the new Paramore but I think the music is great but vocals and vocal melodies were too uninteresting for me to want to listen to it again. I'm usually not this picky but I was expecting a lot more...... :(

Back
Top Bottom