Bug? Parametric EQ bypass/enable bug with 21.04 update

Hey Fractal peeps, i noticed with this update i recently did to 21.04 there might be a glitch with bypassing and re-enabling the parametric EQ. i like to use this eq as an effect for a band pass to cut highs and lows to get the "lofi" mids only sounds as a momentary effect. What i noticed is that when i bypass it, it kind of 'sweeps' back to full frequencies rather than just immediately popping back to full frequencies seamlessly like before. i set up the bypass modifier as i always do, update rate is set to fast, damping controls both set to 0.0 ms, and set the mapping curve as i always do to make it completely quick and instant. Im not saying theres a lag with switching, but more of a slower release and sweeping back to frequencies. this maybe something to check out for the fractal team!

IIRC this behaviour was introduced by Cliff and the team on various blocks to give a smoother transition. And then there might have been something about changing its behaviour?
Trying search on the forum for other firmware releases or wait for somebody else to pitch in with a response.

i actually thought that might have been what happened but dang, i was hoping a smoother transition thing wasn't the case. i never had any pop or clicking issue with the Paramtric EQ bypassing.

Back
Top Bottom