Pantera Tour

I’m just happy to see people gigging now. If it makes people happy, then it’s a positive thing. The people who have issues with it? Well, they have plenty of studio albums and videos of the original band to keep them busy.

And as much as I LOVE Zakk, I think the Pantera leads would be a Zakk/Dime hybrid....maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
Zakk is pretty good at covering Randy's solos and Dime was his friend so I think he'd work pretty hard to nail them to the best of his ability.

I’m just happy to see people gigging now. If it makes people happy, then it’s a positive thing. The people who have issues with it? Well, they have plenty of studio albums and videos of the original band to keep them busy.

Yup. Lots of gatekeeper comments. I have my own "Thou shalt nots," so not judging as much as noticing. :)

Zakk is pretty good at covering Randy's solos and Dime was his friend so I think he'd work pretty hard to nail them to the best of his ability.

Yup. Can't get any more credible and seasoned and respected than Charlie and Zakk.

If they dare write and release any new music the Internet might explode. :)

I’m curious to hear Phil and Rex actually talk about this because I get the idea it’s the media calling it a “reunion” and not Phil or Rex. That one word alone is driving up clicks like a motherfucker with so many people bashing it because of that one word. It’s not a “reunion” by definition and I suspect Phil and Rex are looking at it more as a celebration than anything else, I’d hope anyway.
1658236203891.jpeg

I don't know if this is true or not - but if it is - Phil is a f'n dick hole.

Zakk has been on record saying it is a "celebration" of Dime, Vinnie, and his legacy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I also suspect it will generate a lot of revenue if Phil makes it through the entire tour. :)
Which is interesting because interviews in July with Phil and Rex, they stated that 'if' there was a reunion, that there was ZERO chance that Zakk would be on guitar. Not sure everyone is on the same page here...lol

Which is interesting because interviews in July with Phil and Rex, they stated that 'if' there was a reunion, that there was ZERO chance that Zakk would be on guitar. Not sure everyone is on the same page here...lol

I saw that, too. It was even "guaranteed" if I recall correctly.

Makes me wonder if there are some business people demanding certain people participate
otherwise the cash "guarantees" are not going to be for the same amount. :)

Or maybe it was simple diversion. Hard to hold anyone's attention these days for more than a
moment or two.

And as much as I LOVE Zakk, I think the Pantera leads would be a Zakk/Dime hybrid....maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
One of my pet peeves is a tribute act where the guitar player puts their own 'flavor' into the original leads. It drives me f'n crazy actually.
At the risk of many disagreeing, I feel the exact same way. And you know what those solos would sound like with Zakk playing them!

Those financing the tour and putting their $$$ and ass on the line are like, "Who's that?" ;)
He was one of the guitar players of The Faceless and actually well known and respected in the metal world. But i know what u mean lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom