Pantera Dime tone

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
I just started working on a Pantera/Dimebag preset since I will be playing in a Pantera tribute band. I started with one of my presets that I just liked, and added a para eq to get me in the right direction. A pitch block was added so that anyone playing a standard 440 tuned guitar could turn on the block and be in the right tuning. this is literally the very early stage of this preset and I thought that I would post it in case anyone wants to join in on tweaking it.

Attachments

• Singtall Dime Rig.fasBundle
    33.8 KB · Views: 63
And no I'm not trying to perfectly create the album tone of any particular album. I just want a tone that sounds authentic enough live to satisfy the general listener. the PA system will greatly change the tone of my preset. With that being said, I'm am working on this preset in my studio trying to strike a balance between his exact tone and what I can comfortably deal with and not play too sloppily.

After listening to what's supposed to be a stem of Dimebag playing, I tweaked the para eq and I think it's much closer sounding now. I'm doing this all by ear at the moment. Once I'm pretty happy with it I'll check it with tonematch.

Attachments

• Singtall Dimebag Rig.fasBundle
    33.8 KB · Views: 60
I tried it.
I’m running through a Fryette to a Marshall 4x12.
It was workable for me. A little dark so I just added some mids. But if I sat down and worked with peq it would be right there for my setup.

I tried it.
It was workable for me. A little dark so I just added some mids. But if I sat down and worked with peq it would be right there for my setup.
if you run it through an amp and 4x12 cabinet it will be dark for sure.

I Will be trying it shortly & will let you know & also if I hear that I can tweak something more to get closer to his sound not just to my liking then I'll do it & let you know perhaps that will help you more on your stage though, also I have a preset I was trying to get close to Dime's tone but also with my own liking to the tone & with using Stock cabs in 1 channel & another with custom ones, just check them out because i replicated his Eq's in there according to the research I made & info found online about his Furman 3 EQ & his FX Loop Eq as well,, I recorded samples with the presets to hear them out!
Check it may be it's useful in someway for you
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...recordings-for-the-patch.190996/#post-2372707
I tried that one out and had some latency issues because of the effects loop. reworked it and came up with this preset. it feels a little over compressed, but I'm sure that I could gain stage it to work for me if need be. I'm still working on my own version to see if I can get there without resorting to using everything that Dime used in his chain.

Attachments

• Drago Pantera.fasBundle
    58.9 KB · Views: 31
I tweaked the preset some more to work around the latest (23.00 beta 1) firmware update. I even played around with Tonematch block and I feel like it's as close as I want to get for now. who knows how much the tone will change over the next few firmware updates though.

Attachments

33.8 KB · Views: 21
So I tracked a song just to check things out, and man did I have to EQ it in the mix to work! See the second Para EQ for in the mix settings. But it's getting closer.

Attachments

34.2 KB · Views: 22
for anyone wanting to know how I create presets without tonematch, you can look at the evolution of this preset and see how the eq changes as I go. The next step from here would be for me to create a tonematch of my cab and eq chain to make a new IR. then I could just use that new IR and free up all of the eq blocks.

I tried it.
I plan on running my fm3 into my Fryette . I just ordered fm3 toady. How do you have it setup. More importantly what do you think of the tone you’re getting? I can’t wait!

Finally had time to test this preset, thanks for sharing :)
It was really close to Dimebag tone, i had to put more treble in the cab block preamp though, and added the enhancer to get the double take sound and it's great :)

That’s badass man……I can’t wait until my fm3 gets here. How can I get this tone?
you can download the preset. I posted a preset each step of the way. but running into a guitar speaker cabinet will drastically change the tone. you can try turning off the speaker cabinet inside the preset, which will give you back some of the highs.

Back
Top Bottom