Pantera Axe 2 fw10

Awesome man...I liked it...big time Pantera fan here..

Thanks, we all are as well, love adding tunes to the set and learning Dime's solos is definitely a challenge. We recently added 13 Steps and Mouth for war. Working on editing all the footage and hopefully will be putting more up. Some bumps and bruises here and there in the tunes but overall really happy with the way it came out.

Dave

I'm not getting why you're posting a rather rough sounding video. Whether you're using the Axe, you can't tell, and in any case his live sound was pretty generic, as most live metal sounds were back then (I've no idea now).

Live sound was pretty generic?
as in "guitar output > amp > cab > mic > mic cable > FOH" generic?
or "not my thing" generic?

Obviously the guy doesn't like metal. To each their own. I think the sound is quite good considering it's an iPhone. I will say that before v10 I was struggling with the lead tone, to my ears it's money now. The only thing I'll likely do is add a compressor for the end of Cemetary Gates... That can be a challenge.

Fwiw the guitar sound is probably mostly from my Rcf nx12sma that is right next to me in a sidefill setup. The amp is 5153 red into factory 74 cab.

Dave

Last edited:
I'm not getting why you're posting a rather rough sounding video. Whether you're using the Axe, you can't tell, and in any case his live sound was pretty generic, as most live metal sounds were back then (I've no idea now).

I couldn't disagree more. Dime's tone was quite unique.

Obviously the guy doesn't like metal. To each their own. I think the sound is quite good considering it's an iPhone. I will say that before v10 I was struggling with the lead tone, to my ears it's money now. The only thing I'll likely do is add a compressor for the end of Cemetary Gates... That can be a challenge.

Fwiw the guitar sound is probably mostly from my Rcf nx12sma that is right next to me in a sidefill setup. The amp is 5153 red into factory 74 cab.

Dave
sounds prety killer to me and love to see a fellow RCF12NX user. I've never had the opportunity to gig mine (let alone turn it up that loud)
do you think it gets more "guitar cab-ish" at stage volume?
I love mine but I just use it at home and have all of my patches dialed in at very moderate volume.

hey is this you too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsxuJ6J7f0

Back
Top Bottom