Panic Attack (DT cover - mark IV)

adamqlw

Inspired
Hey folks. I was actually going to try this last week but the song intimidated me:( I decided to have a proper crack at figuring it out today and managed to get most of the rhythm parts down. Slapped together a quick test with the USA Lead+ brt as I'm really not very familiar with dialling in Boogies. I don't think I'll ever be able to get round to the solo :( The guitar tracks on the original are surprisingly dark, the whole Octavarium albums seems really bass heavy. I went for something a little brighter but I still have some fiddling to do with the gain levels. The whole drive/gain thing messes with my head. I need to read some manuals :(

cool! I love that song.
I think that song was done with a Recto (RoadKing?) and you may find it sounds closer using the Orange Modern amp model or the Modern Red.
I'm a huge DT fan keep em coming

cool! I love that song.
I think that song was done with a Recto (RoadKing?) and you may find it sounds closer using the Orange Modern amp model or the Modern Red.
I'm a huge DT fan keep em coming

Hey thanks for the tip! When I was reading up I think I had actually read information on his live rig at the time, didn't realize it was rectos on the album. Although in retrospect that makes perfect sense give that grindy tone. Got more practicing to do (that rhythm bit in the solo section is a killer :() before I retrack this, time to make a recto patch :D

cool, yes agree, octavarium production stinks, too dark.

:( My favourite two albums were Awake and SFAM. I'm not a fan of the new "sound" they've gone for production-wise since then (or even musically on more than a couple of things). I lost interest in DT for many years after SFAM (6DOIT was "okay") before getting sucked back in after I saw them live for the first time on their last tour.

IMO Petrucci's Recto period was his best tone era. Even on Systematic Chaos the song Forsaken stands out to me and it's a Recto on that song.

Fun clip but it sounds scratchy to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom