Palmer Macht 402

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Palmer Macht 402 poweramp? Opinions seem to be a little thin on the ground because it's not a particularly well known amp. Many thanks in advance for any help :)

looks like a 2 channel power amp, 200 watts per side, but only at 4 ohms. most guitar cabs are 16 or 8 ohms, so you won't be pushing 200 watts. some high and low boost/cut knobs and switches. *shrug*

are you interested in a specific feature? i don't see this being anything too helpful in an axe-fx setup compared to other power amps.

Thanks Chris. The main draw was the price to be honest - I'm just after an affordable power amp really. I don't see the power rating being much of an issue for me, the overwhelming majority of shows I play have a mic'd backline - I recently played a large festival using the axe along with a magnum 44

Are there any better rackmounted amps that you'd recommend for a similar price?

Opinions seem to be a little thin on the ground because it's not a particularly well known amp. Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Precisely why I ended up buying one to check out for myself.

Mine doesn't get used since I bought a Matrix GT1000 (2U), however, I don't have any complaints about the sound of the Palmer amp either. The sound is super clean, construction is solid, the EQ is guitar friendly, and there's plenty of volume. The 1U form is also a bonus. For the price, you can't beat it.

I'm considering selling mine, just so it's not sitting around not getting used.

Precisely why I ended up buying one to check out for myself.

Mine doesn't get used since I bought a Matrix GT1000 (2U), however, I don't have any complaints about the sound of the Palmer amp either. The sound is super clean, construction is solid, the EQ is guitar friendly, and there's plenty of volume. The 1U form is also a bonus. For the price, you can't beat it.

I'm considering selling mine, just so it's not sitting around not getting used.

Thanks man! Just what I was looking for :) I'd make you an offer if I was in the US haha

looks like a 2 channel power amp, 200 watts per side, but only at 4 ohms. most guitar cabs are 16 or 8 ohms, so you won't be pushing 200 watts. some high and low boost/cut knobs and switches. *shrug*
Well the actual specs of their website say:

Rated ouput power (1kHz (at) 4 Ohms): 2 x 200 W
Rated ouput power (1kHz (at) 8 Ohms): 2 x 100 W
Rated ouput power (1kHz (at) 8 Ohms, bridged): 400 W

But I don't figure out how to select the 8 Ohms stereo operation... is it that you just have to plug and 8 Ohms speaker and that's it?

Back
Top Bottom