OwnHammer v4 beta cab! fw19, Herbie... gooey metal riff

erockomania

Experienced

I'm excited for Kevin to release these... far more balanced, more malleable and mix together REALLY well. I approach these much like I would in a live recording situation. The top is not strident at all either, which is something that was an issue with some IRs in past releases.

details:
Skervesen Chiroptera
Bare Knuckle Juggernauts
Superior Drummer
Dingwall
B7K
Fw19

Ah that is some goodness! I like how Spec is getting right to the tough questions :) Sounds sick, as usual man! The guitars have just enough chew, and cut in the right places. Nice on the ears, while still being clear. Solid, what is the cab?

Spec - the clean is a Shiva with exactly the same cab mix! Then some of the ever fantastic Valhalla Room.

Drums are a mix of Metal Foundry and Metal Machinery SDXs. All processing (other than the drum bus compression and tape emu via Slate), like normal, done with plugins in SD. No multi-out because I'm too lazy to do multi out for demos, lol.

The cab is a mix I put together ... off axis 57, r121 and my favorite mic ever... the md441! :)

Killer tune, tone, and playing, Eric! :) Was that the Herbie? CH 3?

For those curious, like Ari said this was using a Standard (oversized) Mesa 4x12 with the "V30-EN-08" speaker for those that are familiar, and these are the mics included in the library Eric used in this clip:

Mics_MMC_600.jpg

One is a modern production, one is a vintage Unidyne-III. There are also 3 different off axis angles and placements for the modern 57 in addition to the on axis for both models.

The library is actually out now (HERE) if you'd like to check out the PDF.

The IR mix Eric used in this clip is the "Mix-EWH" file in the "Artist-Mixes" folder. :)

Thanks guys!

For those of you that are like me and want an IR library that mixes REALLY well without any "pre-EQ", then this will be just what the DR ordered. Loving these ones Kevin!

Back
Top Bottom