OwnHammer Summary Folder…which mics?

DanGuitarMan

Inspired
This is mostly a question for @ownhammer , but maybe somebody else can chime in.

Does anybody know what mics are being used in the summary folder? I'm using the Cali Duo pack. I'm guessing the SM57/R121 combo…?

I think the OH prefix ones are a 57/121 combo.... and the MODERN ones are 57/421. Although I might have just guessed that...!!

Yes, you're right about that. But the summary files are the most "well rounded" of the bunch and it doesn't give a description of those.

From the Ownhammer California Duo PDF:

Page 3:
"SUMMARY:
The mix files in the “Summary” folder are based on a 57 + 70 + 121 mic combination. This mix fits somewhere in the middle of the brightness and darkness scale of the OwnHammer pre-made mix types. There is a single file representing each individual cab/speaker combination from both the single cabs and cab blends sections."

Page 4:
"MIXES:
“CHUNK” is based on a more “fat” sounding version of the BOLD mix.
“BOLD” is a proprietary mix that has a forward midrange with a slightly relaxed top and bottom end.
“CUT” is based on an on-axis 57 and off-axis 57 mic combination.
“CUT+121” is based on a 121 added to the Quick-Start CUT mix.
“JS” is based on a multi-mic configuration created by Jon Symons.
“MDRN” is based on a 57 + 421 mic combination.
“OH1” is based on a 57 + 121 mic combination.
“OH1F” is based on a more “fat” sounding 57 + 121 mic combination.
“OH2” is based on a 421 + 121 mic combination."

From the Ownhammer California Duo PDF:

Page 3:
"SUMMARY:
The mix files in the “Summary” folder are based on a 57 + 70 + 121 mic combination. This mix fits somewhere in the middle of the brightness and darkness scale of the OwnHammer pre-made mix types. There is a single file representing each individual cab/speaker combination from both the single cabs and cab blends sections."

Page 4:
"MIXES:
“CHUNK” is based on a more “fat” sounding version of the BOLD mix.
“BOLD” is a proprietary mix that has a forward midrange with a slightly relaxed top and bottom end.
“CUT” is based on an on-axis 57 and off-axis 57 mic combination.
“CUT+121” is based on a 121 added to the Quick-Start CUT mix.
“JS” is based on a multi-mic configuration created by Jon Symons.
“MDRN” is based on a 57 + 421 mic combination.
“OH1” is based on a 57 + 121 mic combination.
“OH1F” is based on a more “fat” sounding 57 + 121 mic combination.
“OH2” is based on a 421 + 121 mic combination."

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.

Back
Top Bottom