Ownhammer M75 GNR - My number 1 IR ! With Sounds ;)

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hey Gentz,
For those who are struggling with IRs and stuff….. I have bought many many many IRs over the years from most of the well known companies and have also tested the Dyna Cabs….I keep coming back to this amazing pack from Ownhammer !!
Live I play Inears and FOH just sets the eq straight, panning L/R and of we go…..I only use a 100hz Lowcut and 7kHz High Cut and the Guitar just sits perfect in the mix IMHO.
I used to have only a 100hz Lowcut and NO high cuts….. sometimes playing over PA monitors on stage, the highs were too ear piercing and since rolling of to 7000hz, PERFECT !!

Live I use mainly the FM3 with the Plexi 6AC7….. all the controls on 6 and use the volume knob in my Strat for clean to medium gain . A Klon Drive for the Lead boost .

In the studio I have a ‘68 Marshall Clone…… I could not get that sound yet from my FM3 BUT don’t even bother….. I like them both :)

Here are some basic sound that I use and all of it through the Ownhammer M75 GNR Forward 1 mix.

I understand my friend , that’s why I always stick to this one IR from most of their packs : OH1-05 number….. used to be the SM57+R121 mix…… in their new pack I went to the Classic Rock Pack and setttled with the 57+421 mic pair.

Anyhow, York and others have great IRs too if less options needed :)

I understand my friend , that’s why I always stick to this one IR from most of their packs : OH1-05 number….. used to be the SM57+R121 mix…… in their new pack I went to the Classic Rock Pack and setttled with the 57+421 mic pair.

Anyhow, York and others have great IRs too if less options needed :)
i have nothing like that in my ownhammer libraries. Many folders that look like this

1706099126656.png

i have nothing like that in my ownhammer libraries. Many folders that look like this

View attachment 133743
YES , these look very familiar......in case you have the GNR M25 pack and the Friedman and many others have this OH1-05 mix among many others......BUT please try out the new Classic Pack Greenback......choose one of the Mic pairs like 57+121 or my favourite 57+421 and enjoy awesome sounds !

The GNR M75 was my favourite BUT the Classic Pack is just a level higher.....so I should edit my post of 'favourite' IR !

Thank you, Anand, for drawing attention to this. The oversupply of IRs has meant that I haven't yet looked in the Mixes folder where the Forward Mixes are, - only in the Summary folder. That was an oversight. The M75 GNR Forward 1 mix is really great and better than the standard mix of the summary, that I have mainly used until the Dyna Cabs appeared.

Thank you, Anand, for drawing attention to this. The oversupply of IRs has meant that I haven't yet looked in the Mixes folder where the Forward Mixes are, - only in the Summary folder. That was an oversight. The M75 GNR Forward 1 mix is really great and better than the standard mix of the summary, that I have mainly used until the Dyna Cabs appeared.
Awesome, glad it helps and make sure to check out the Classic Rock pack too…..IMHO the best Greenback pack out there !

Does those irs comes from this pack?

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=489

Honestly is a real pain to understand…

Rock box, essential, rock pack etc etc
YES Joshua , my favorite ones are coming from this new pack now……. Since Ownhammer updated their workflow, the IR quality became better so the GNR IRs are just a little less than this Classic Rock pack..

I can imagine it gets a bit confusing because there are so many packs now in the Revolution section…. But if you have this new pack, you can relax :)

This is my latest recording with this pack :

YES Joshua , my favorite ones are coming from this new pack now……. Since Ownhammer updated their workflow, the IR quality became better so the GNR IRs are just a little less than this Classic Rock pack..

I can imagine it gets a bit confusing because there are so many packs now in the Revolution section…. But if you have this new pack, you can relax :)

This is my latest recording with this pack :

THANKS!!! lol.

Love your tones on the videos! Congrats!

Hey Gentz,
For those who are struggling with IRs and stuff….. I have bought many many many IRs over the years from most of the well known companies and have also tested the Dyna Cabs….I keep coming back to this amazing pack from Ownhammer !!
Live I play Inears and FOH just sets the eq straight, panning L/R and of we go…..I only use a 100hz Lowcut and 7kHz High Cut and the Guitar just sits perfect in the mix IMHO.
I used to have only a 100hz Lowcut and NO high cuts….. sometimes playing over PA monitors on stage, the highs were too ear piercing and since rolling of to 7000hz, PERFECT !!

Live I use mainly the FM3 with the Plexi 6AC7….. all the controls on 6 and use the volume knob in my Strat for clean to medium gain . A Klon Drive for the Lead boost .

In the studio I have a ‘68 Marshall Clone…… I could not get that sound yet from my FM3 BUT don’t even bother….. I like them both :)

Here are some basic sound that I use and all of it through the Ownhammer M75 GNR Forward 1 mix.

HI, where do you do the low & hi cut? . . . the amp, or the cab or ? Thx

YES , these look very familiar......in case you have the GNR M25 pack and the Friedman and many others have this OH1-05 mix among many others......BUT please try out the new Classic Pack Greenback......choose one of the Mic pairs like 57+121 or my favourite 57+421 and enjoy awesome sounds !

The GNR M75 was my favourite BUT the Classic Pack is just a level higher.....so I should edit my post of 'favourite' IR !

I have the Classic Rock pack. Haven’t been using them except for the 57+121 sometimes. I tried the 57+421 and it’s good, has better bottom to it. I copied my current favorite preset and adjusted it in for the 57+421 and for now it’s in the lineup. Always subject to change of course. But it is the best sounding IR I’ve tried in that pack so far. Thanks for posting it. Nice tone in the video.

I have the Classic Rock pack. Haven’t been using them except for the 57+121 sometimes. I tried the 57+421 and it’s good, has better bottom to it. I copied my current favorite preset and adjusted it in for the 57+421 and for now it’s in the lineup. Always subject to change of course. But it is the best sounding IR I’ve tried in that pack so far. Thanks for posting it. Nice tone in the video.
Ah great to hear man and yes : that 57+421 has been the doubting IR for me !! They both sound awesome and the 421 has a bit more aggressive mids highs to it which I also like but settles for the 121 mix for now….! Enjoy 💪🏼💫

Nice to see some love for the GNR stuff. I would disagree that Classic-rock is better. Sure, if you can find your tone there that's great. It's nice not to have to audition 1000's of IRs...BUT... as the GNR EVO and MMMC packs are so massive, if you can't find it in the Classic Rock pack, you are mostly likely going to find it in the GNR packs.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Classic-Rock essential version.

edit: One thing that seems evident with the Classic rock pack is that the frequency curve is much more erratic than the 75 pack such as there is a huge dip at 500 Hz and a large bump at 650. It resides in every impulse response. The GNR 75 pack is much more neutral in that freq range.

Last edited:
Good to hear man and no worries which are better …. They all work just fine once you dial in your amp with them…..curious to see where this all is going in the future….. there is something still missing in the IR world compared to real miked cabs : at least that’s what I hear when hearing these comparisons…. BUT IRs are Killer stuff…. I will never go back to real cabs …. IEM and stage monitors are amazing and my back is also happy :)

Funny enough, it's always been a battle. Too many options drive me wild. I saw your videos and I also play an ebmm. People create presets on the usual lp or Fenders and had to learn to adjust them and/or use different IRs. The Gnr packs saved me a lot of time for fine tuning. The ebmm axis has a wonky zone around g2 to b2 that requires some eq/sic work.
The 1987x, jmp1, brit800 (now 2204) and the Friedman models are where I mostly reside with the GNR, solodallas g12m25, giocomo pasquali hrtg, or the York m20/m25.
I mix the gnr75 57cap a/b and the 121 at -6db and it's usually right on the money. Sometimes throw in an 87 or 421 too.

Last edited:
Funny enough, it's always been a battle. Too many options drive me wild. I saw your videos and I also play an ebmm. People create presets on the usual lp or Fenders and had to learn to adjust them and/or use different IRs. The Gnr packs saved me a lot of time for fine tuning. The ebmm axis has a wonky zone around g2 to b2 that requires some eq/sic work.
The 1987x, jmp1, brit800 (now 2204) and the Friedman models are where I mostly reside with the GNR, solodallas g12m25, giocomo pasquali hrtg, or the York m20/m25.
I mix the gnr75 57cap a/b and the 121 at -6db and it's usually right on the money. Sometimes throw in an 87 or 421 too.
I totally understand man, it is really a rabbit hole and the OH GNR and York KW M25 IR pack gives me all I need. Man, that EVH MM is one hell of a guitar with one of the BEST necks I have ever played !
My to go the mix is also always a SM57+R121....no need to worry about anything else and the sound engineers are my reference points so always happy to hear they keep the guitars Flat EQ...as I also do the 100Hz low cut in my Cabs so no need for them to do;)

Enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom