Ownhammer IR's or TMF studios

Well Guitarhacks IRs are also a Mesa cab but the Traditional smaller Mesa cab but the same speaker. They are made with a tube power amp so I wouldn't suggest using them since they will have way too much low end. IIRC one of the original CALI stock IRs is actually a Guitarhacks IR.

The Cali and 4x12 V30 and German are good as well, but if I tune in and solo that "hollow" tone is there, but that's just me.
Most of the stock cabs don't suite my taste, and All the mix cabs (v9) sound terrible. This is why I'm looking for other IR's. OH or TMF. Going to be one of those two, and not looking for any other mesa at this time.

I also use some of your IR's, Supadupa stiletto...thank you by the way.

Last edited:
I have the TMF pack as well as most of the OH Mesa stuff that's been released.

As far as TMF goes, I have no idea in terms of comb filtering or whether they'll suit your tastes or not. But, I can offer my thoughts on the pack. IMO, they're nice IRs. There's not nearly as much variety compared to a typical OH pack. Basically, there's around 8 or 9 cabs with approx. 5 different mic selections per cab. There are no choices in terms of mic placement. You do have the choice of a Mesa power amp or 5150 power amp (3 different presence/resononance control variations).

For my tastes, TMF IRs have to be mixed. There's no single IR in the pack that works well on its own. I've found that the 57 on axis mixed with 121 or 421 works out well. I also think these IRs work out best when some low and high end is cut in the cab block (of course, I do this for most IRs, not just TMF).

They have a different flavor of tone compared to OH that I prefer. Not sure why but for metal it seems I always prefer IRs that have been shot through a tube power amp such as a 5150 or Dual Rec. To me, they give more of that modern metal sound. Not that the OH IRs are in any way inferior. Strictly a matter of taste.

I have the TMF pack as well as most of the OH Mesa stuff that's been released.

As far as TMF goes, I have no idea in terms of comb filtering or whether they'll suit your tastes or not. But, I can offer my thoughts on the pack. IMO, they're nice IRs. There's not nearly as much variety compared to a typical OH pack. Basically, there's around 8 or 9 cabs with approx. 5 different mic selections per cab. There are no choices in terms of mic placement. You do have the choice of a Mesa power amp or 5150 power amp (3 different presence/resononance control variations).

For my tastes, TMF IRs have to be mixed. There's no single IR in the pack that works well on its own. I've found that the 57 on axis mixed with 121 or 421 works out well. I also think these IRs work out best when some low and high end is cut in the cab block (of course, I do this for most IRs, not just TMF).

They have a different flavor of tone compared to OH that I prefer. Not sure why but for metal it seems I always prefer IRs that have been shot through a tube power amp such as a 5150 or Dual Rec. To me, they give more of that modern metal sound. Not that the OH IRs are in any way inferior. Strictly a matter of taste.

Thanks for the info! You have one that uses a tube amp (which I like) but limited mic placement, the other who uses SS (correct me if I'm wrong) but has lots of mic placements. I guess I'll wait awhile and see what pops up in the future.

Back
Top Bottom