Ownhammer IR...

kmachman

Inspired
I was looking to buy the Cab Pack 3. What I was really after was the 1x12 IR’s Alnico Silver…

I stumbled across it in my list of cabs on my XL… Named : F140 1x12 Dlx-Aln-Slv Mix (OH). Is this Ultra Res? How can i tell which are and which aren’t? Is this the exact same IR that I would have gotten if I had bought the pack?

Just curious if there are a lot more ultra res ones that came the XL that are in the ultra res packs...

I am a bit confused as to which IR’s i should be looking at getting. I use mostly in the mid gain cabs right now… Not really into the high gain metal stuff…

Any thoughts?

I am the same guy… Thanks for the responses.

But i had other concerns that need to be answered as well..

Is the IR that I stated the same as the one that comes in the cab packs? It had “Mix” in the title… Not sure what that is either… Is it Ultra res? Or high res? And how can i tell the difference when looking at the list of Cabs for my XL in Axe edit?

And also if anyone else has any really good IR’s that they downloaded for my style of music… Mid gain type sound…

Mix means it's an IR that is "mix" of multiple mics. So instead of, say, an IR that is just a 57 on a speaker a "mix" IR could be a 57, r121, u87, etc.....which will be mixed at different levels that ound best to the creator.

the only ultra res ir's you can buy commercially are from Fractal. (cab pack 3, the 4x12 pack they released recently) The newer its from own hammer can be converted with cab-lab, but can't be sold as ultra-res due to licensing issues.

as for mid gain tones, there are obviously quite a few great ir's in the Axe already. if you want to venture out, I love the Ownhammer stuff....but it all depends on if you want a 1x12/2x12 or 4x12 tone...as they have many to choose from. The Amp Factory makes some very good stuff as well, I've just never took the dive on purchasing, but some of the guys around here love them.

I have a few ir comparison clips on my sound cloud if you want to check them out. link is in my sig.

hope that helps, thanks again for checking out my vids!

Back
Top Bottom