Ownhammer confusion

So I wanted to try an Ownhammer IR pack. I got the Marshall V30 and got a 9 different download links. Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-notes, Wav-44, Wav-48, Wave-88, Wav-96. Ok so I'm not sure which one to download, probably just "fractal" since I'm using it with my Axe FX 2? F*** it I'll just download them all. Ok now they're .wav files. Interesting, Axe Manage won't take .wav files, ok so now I have to convert them. Oh well the converter on Ownhammer's website is a 404 link. Ok now I found this Cab-Lab 3, AND it won't select wav files. Did some more digging and I need to select the entire folder. Great. not I'm back to which one should I use? Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-notes, Wav-44, Wav-48, Wave-88, Wav-96? All of them? Just Fractal since I'm on Axe FX? Use my ears???

Meanwhile 2 hours later I just want to play some riffs. Could this be any more convoluted?

Fractal folder. Done.

Convert using the free Cab Lab if you haven't purchased the full version. Due to licensing, Kevin can't offer converted files, just .wav files.

Yes, it's all kind of a pain, and not every company does the same folder structure, but you just get used to it, and come up with something that works for you. Imagine how much work it takes for the creator to keep everything straight! lol

You have started down the rabbit hole. Don't look back and enjoy the ride.

+1 on what pima1234 said. Fractal folder is all you need. In Cab-Lab, click on "Tools," select Wav2Syx, choose the name of the OH folder with the library you want for your Source Folder, choose the same folder for your Destination Folder (at least, that's how I do it so all files are together), and when it's done converting, you can either use Axe Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit to drag and drop IR's (.sysx files) directly into your User slots or you can drag and drop .WAV or .ir files into Cab-Lab and send single files or custom mixes to your User slots.

Does that help at all?

So I wanted to try an Ownhammer IR pack. I got the Marshall V30 and got a 9 different download links. Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-notes, Wav-44, Wav-48, Wave-88, Wav-96. Ok so I'm not sure which one to download, probably just "fractal" since I'm using it with my Axe FX 2? F*** it I'll just download them all. Ok now they're .wav files. Interesting, Axe Manage won't take .wav files, ok so now I have to convert them. Oh well the converter on Ownhammer's website is a 404 link. Ok now I found this Cab-Lab 3, AND it won't select wav files. Did some more digging and I need to select the entire folder. Great. not I'm back to which one should I use? Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-notes, Wav-44, Wav-48, Wave-88, Wav-96? All of them? Just Fractal since I'm on Axe FX? Use my ears???

Meanwhile 2 hours later I just want to play some riffs. Could this be any more convoluted?

Umm.. use the fractal folder?

And your ears : )

Yeah I have to be honest here, The very first Ownhammer IR pack I purchased was pretty straight forward to me. I saw the fractal folder and I downloaded it. And converting them to Syx took all of half a minute. So I am not sure what the confusion is.

I also downloaded the wav 44 and 48 folders as well incase I wanted to use them with a IR loader in my DAW.

because OH makes fantastic stuff as well. covers a lot of bases FAS hasn't...just like FAS has covered some OH hasn't. Also, they are different, and some prefer one flavor over the other.
I don't disagree - I own some OH .. and they great - but for someone new, FAS also has Marshall cabs with V30's....and it just simple

Could this be any more convoluted?

cb017806ace9e294c2b775fcee7b85e5.jpg

Wait OH
Can't offer sysx cause of licensing?mi didn't know that and find it kinda odd.
I'm thinking of buying some Oh hammer packs tonight. I NEED
To get a good bass tone (I'm certain it's the missing link) but I'm not sure if I should go for the OH or the ML

Stupid auto correct.

I actually prefer that Own hammer is in .wav format as I sometimes record a track with no cab and use a convolution plug in my DAW for my IR's, this way gives me more tweakability once I've tracked since re-amping and I haven't learned to play nice. What's going to sucks though is I'm about to pick up the HHC which is going to have SOOOOO many choices to convert so I'll likely audition them this way, narrow it down to my fave 10-15 tone wise and then load them in the AF2 to check the "feel" of them.

Back
Top Bottom